A day after the Bharatiya Janata Party's state unit President BS Yeddyurappa moved the Karnataka High Court seeking to quash corruption charges against him, the party on Sunday staged protests in Bengaluru, reported The Hindu. The land was then allegedly sold at higher prices to private parties. It is said that up to 257 acres were involved in the land deals near Yelahanka.
He also contended that the complainant Dr Aiyappa is neither land owner nor a beneficiary. Yeddyurappa filed the petition after the ACB summoned him to appear before it.
Charlottesville: Baltimore's Confederate monuments removed overnight after violence
Meanwhile, a descendant of Jefferson Davis said he supports moving the statues to appropriate settings, such as museums . The monument was located at the Duke Chapel alongside nine other historical figures, the Associated Press reports.
"Since the Hon'ble Karnataka High Court/Divisional bench has completely squashed the entire Dr Shivarama Karanth layout plan itself, the Government directive to drop land from primary notification is irrelevant.it will be clear without doubt that the complaint filed by complainant is politically motivated and malice, hiding true facts and only meant to bring disgrace and extracting political benefits", it added. In a letter, copies of which are with NDTV, addressed to the National Human Rights Commission, the state Governor and the Chief Secretary, he said he was named as an accused because he refused to do so. The corruption is alleged to have occurred when Yeddyurappa was the chief minister of Karnataka from May, 2008 to July, 2011.
Former deputy chief minister R Ashoka on Sunday said the BJP will scrap the Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) and strengthen the Lokayukta if the BJP is voted to power in the forthcoming Assembly polls. The investigation against D K Shivakumar is still in progress.
- 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Takes Top At Box Office
- Merck CEO Resigns From American Manufacturing Council
- Presnel Kimpembe plutôt que Marquinhos contre Toulouse — PSG
- Former Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner signs with the Minnesota Vikings
- Where are North Carolina's Confederate monuments? Here's a map
- Jerry Falwell Jr. defends Trump's 'many sides' comment
- Nani's MCA locks release date
- Korea's Kim to blink first
- Moon Jae-in: There will not be war on Korean Peninsula
- Tottenham-Chelsea : les compos sont là !