The guided-missile destroyer was damaged after colliding with the merchant vessel east of Singapore in the second accident involving US Navy destroyers in Asian waters in little more than two months.
U.S. Senator John McCain of Arizona, the son and grandson of the admirals for whom the ship is named after, said in a tweet that he and his wife are praying for the ship's sailors. Apart from the 10 missing sailors, five personnel are injured, said the Navy in an update.
The USS John S. McCain is sailing on its own power after colliding with a merchant ship near Singapore.
Harvey Degenerates into a Tropical Wave, showers expected for Cayman
An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is being sent into them to investigate at some point Sunday. This system is forecast to track west/northwest around 15 to 20 miles per hour .
The home port for the USS John S. McCain is in Japan. "The incident will be investigated".
Merchant marine websites describe the Alnic MC as a 30,000-ton, 600-foot-long oil tanker flying a Liberian flag.
This is the second USA ship that collided in Asian waters in the last two months.
The sailors, aged 19 to 37, were found by divers in flooded sleeping berths a day after the collision tore a huge gash in the side of the Fitzgerald. Japanese investigators have interviewed the Filipino crew of the 222-meter (730-foot) cargo ship, while the USA authorities are also probing the crash.
- Trump disbands beloved liberal government committee - liberals everywhere are triggered
- Binge-Watching Leads To Poorer Sleep, Among Other Things
- How to Make a Pinhole Camera to Safely View the Eclipse
- How open is the Saudi invite for Qatar's Hajj pilgrims?
- JEE Advance 2018 will be completely online
- Irak : Libération d'une première zone près de Tall Afar
- McGregor backs Horn's Pacquiao victory, Mayweather laughs at his credentials
- Morata wants to ´make an explosion´ with Chelsea
- Pourquoi vous ne devez pas rater celle du 21 août — Éclipse solaire
- Isco avec Bale et Benzema — Real Madrid