"I look at some of my players and I am sure that some of them will be better this season than they were last season, and Anthony is that for sure".
Spurs are starting the season having just completed a deal for their first summer signing, the Ajax defender Davinson Sánchez.
However, their meeting will also mark Spurs's first "home" Premier League game at Wembley, where they will play during White Hart Lane's renovation.
"It's not going to be easy for Spurs".
Chelsea on the other hand head across London looking to bounce back from their disappointing opening weekend defeat to Burnley at Stamford Bridge that saw the Blues have Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas sent off.
Chelsea have a tough game as they prepare to face Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley, which is going to be Spurs' home this season.
Since Wembley reopened in 2007 after reconstruction, Tottenham's record there has been terrible, with just two wins to show from their 10 visits. The club's decision to pipe drum sounds into the stadium over the speaker system, abandoned at half time, felt unnecessary given the attendance of 73,587 - a Premier League record for the club.
"OK, it was hard to move from White Hart Lane to Wembley (last season) and it was a flawless excuse for everyone".
Queen Elizabeth II offers condolences to Spanish King — Spain Terror Attack
Seventeen-year-old Moussa Oukabir, initially reported to be the driver of the van, was among the five killed. Relatives started the fundraising effort to assist his family with living and educational expenses.
Keiran Trippier is a slight chance of returning from injury in time for the derby clash, yet Danny Rose remains unavailable.
These two sides last met at Wembley.
After playing four at the back at St James' Park last time out, Pochettino is expected to revert to a back three as he did for the majority of games against the big boys last season.
"If we are not able to win there, it is not because of Wembley, it is because of us". Eden Hazard and Pedro will undergo late fitness tests to determine their availability.
"I think everything is possible, but then I have to think that there is a game, the game has 95 minutes and I must have to find the solution to change the game, with different options".
"You are probably even stronger, so I think every top team in the Premier League is strong enough, with potential is strong enough with the financial situation to be fighting for everything".
- Photos of four Barcelona suspects released as terror manhunt continues
- Did Blac Chyna try to jack Rob Kardashian's Range Rover?
- L'armée libanaise progresse face à l'EI à la frontière syrienne
- Samir Nasri in talks with Turkey's Antalyaspor
- OM / Angers - Moulin : " Marseille, un prétendant au podium "
- Un enfant de 11 ans retrouvé pendu dans sa chambre — Nord
- More than 600 still missing after deadly floods in Sierra Leone
- Golden retriever finds $85000 worth of heroin
- Spanish suffers second terror attack after 14 die in Barcelona
- Le coût de la vie étudiante en hausse de 2,09% — Rentrée universitaire