Sources said that Watali has been under the NIA scanner for quite some time and only last month the investigating agency had summoned him on multiple occassion for questioning at its Delhi headquarters before being arrest.
The NIA officials further said that Zahoor Watali, suspected of acting as a conduit for illegally remitting funds to the secessionists, militants and stone-pelters, was earlier arrested in the year 1990 by the Jammu & Kashmir Police, when some anti-national activists were found present in his house at Bagat Barzulla, Srinagar. However, as per the orders of the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir on June 22, 2016, the investigation of the case has been stayed, said the NIA official. The property documents seized have shown huge amount of cash transactions in sale & purchase. It had raided premises belonging to the relatives and employees of Watali.
Telecom operators can be fined Rs 5 lakh over call drop
Lack of infrastructural development by telecom operators was cited as a major reason why the quality of phone calls is poor in India.
The NIA also elaborated past cases in which Watali is under investigation which include that of illegal encroachment of land and assault which was registered in Srinagar under sections for Prevention of Corruption Act and other IPC sections.
"Watali is being questioned by the NIA officials regarding the incriminating financial transaction details and property-related records seized during searches on Wednesday", said an NIA spokesman. However, as per the orders of the High Court of Jammu and Kashmir previous year, the investigation of the case has been stayed. Read Also: Kashmir Terror Funding Case: Court allows NIA to quiz businessman Zahoor Watali for 10 days On August 18, Watali was produced in the NIA court and was remanded to 10-day police custody. A case was registered against him at Ram Munshi Bagh police station, Srinagar, on the basis of a written complaint given by the assistant passport officer, Srinagar.
- Même moyen, Nadal file en quarts — Cincinnati
- Six Flags Over Texas changes all flags to American flags
- Priyanka Chopra slammed for wearing Tri-color dupatta on Independence Day
- Look at This Neo-Nazi Snowflake Crying Like a Little Baby
- China tells US, North Korea to 'hit the brakes' on threats
- Trump Voters Discuss The President's Comments On Confederate Monuments
- IndiGo airlines denies reports of cancellation of flights
- Pokemon Gold And Silver 3DS Ports Coming September 22, Digital-Only
- Huit Français grièvement blessés, dont quatre enfants — Attentats en Catalogne
- Officiel - Blaise Matuidi rejoint la Juventus !