Spain accidentally released the next episode of Game of Thrones Tuesday ahead of the episode's Sunday premiere date.
"The error appears to have originated with a third party vendor and the episode was removed as soon as it was recognized", it added. The episode was not supposed to be aired till another 5 days.
News of the incident was immediately reported on social media and copies of the episode were reportedly available online later.
Game of Thrones has more Emmy Awards than any narrative show in history and airs in 170 countries, with viewership figures shattering records across the world.
Korea tensions ease slightly as U.S. officials play down war risk
North and South Korea are still technically at war with the North after the Korean War ended with a truce, not a peace treaty. A South Korean official with the Blue House told Asia Business the claim Moon's speech was a "warning" is "excessive".
Emmy Award-winning Game of Thrones, which has a huge following in South Asia, is distributed in India by Star India, a subsidiary of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
According to police, three of the accused work for Prime Focus Technologies, a Mumbai-based company that processes the series for Indian streaming website Hotstar.
HBO CEO Richard Plepler said at the time that the attack resulted in "some stolen proprietary information, including some of our programming".
Season seven is not the first to be blighted by leaks.
HBO is also dealing with what it calls inadvertent leaks from its overseas partners.
After that, an unaired episodes of the season nine of the show Curb Your Enthusiasm was leaked online.
- The Conjuring series passes $1 billion at global box office
- L'ex-procureure générale se réfugie en Colombie — Venezuela
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) Trading Down - Insider Trading Activity
- Sydney pedestrians hit by out-of-control auto
- Oil prices recover as U.S. crude stocks decline
- Dodgers Land Mets Slugger Curtis Granderson
- Démission du gouvernement Mouamba — Congo-Brazzaville
- Spirit Airlines, Inc. (SAVE) Raised to Overweight at JP Morgan Chase & Co
- U.S. remains poised to attack North Korea
- 'Predator' star Sonny Landham breathes his last at 76