The New Zealand worldwide had two years left on his existing contract but was not the highest paid player at the club, despite scoring 30 goals last season.
It has been just over a year since Pontus Jansson arrived at Leeds United as an unheard of central defender, a signing that failed to impress the Elland Road faithful 12-months ago.
Jansson's form last season helped Leeds challenge for the play-offs, and he has once again set lofty ambitions this year, claiming that the Whites are on the verge of something special.
Burnley upped their offer for Wood after they saw an £11.8m offer for Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone rebuffed, and turned their attentions back to the New Zealand global following that setback.
Ligue 2. Envahissement de terrain au stade Bollaert pendant Lens - Brest
Dans un climat très tendu, Brest a signé sa première victoire de la saison ce samedi après-midi à Lens (2-4). Et Lens a réduit l'écart dans la foulée avec un penalty transformé par Kevin Fortuné (2-3).
The Turf Moor club began the bidding last week with a £12m plus add-ons offer and increased their valuation after Leeds refused to consider the initial approach.
The gruff boss only has Sam Vokes and Ashley Barnes as viable options to lead his attacking line, and the acquisition of Wood would give him another player to hopefully bag the goals to keep Burnley out of a relegation battle this term.
"I don't feel it is right that I play today".
El Desmarque says Burnley's first offer wasn't attractive enough, either for Deportivo or Andone, who's very grateful for the chances his club have been giving him.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
- Boy, missing after Barcelona attack, grew up in Kent
- USA and Japan Reaffirm Nuclear Stance
- Jacksonville Officers Shot With High Powered Rifle
- Nasir, Shafiul to play first Test against Australia
- La cellule djihadiste "démantelée" — Attentats en Espagne
- Une discothèque de la Côte d'Azur choque avec une mesure concernant la taille des jupes des filles
- Jeremy Hunt in Twitter row with Stephen Hawking
- How Analysts Feel About Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (NYSE:RBS)?
- Trump and wife skip Kennedy Center arts awards