One of the suspects detained by police is the named Driss Oukabir, a Moroccon national, who was from Marseille.
More details have emerged about Moussa Oukabir, the younger brother of Driss Oukabir, who was arrested Thursday on suspicion of renting the white van used in the attack at Las Ramblas.
Spanish police have said the crime is being investigated as a terror incident, and two people have been arrested.
Police shot and killed Moussa, along with five other men after they drove a auto into a crowd of people in Cambrils, killing one woman and injuring six others.
The apparently accidental explosion at the house forced the suspects to scale down their plans and carry out more "rudimentary" attacks, according to police.
Later in the day it was announced that Oukabir, thought to be 17, and a Spanish citizen from the northern Catalan city of Girona, was killed by police in Cambrils.
Kevin-Prince Boateng undergoes medical ahead of free transfer to Eintracht Frankfurt
He registered four assists from 21 chances created, scored 10 goals and was successful with 77% of the passes that he attempted. Frankfurt start the new season on Sunday away to Freiburg and Kovac now feels ready for the campaign.
Spanish police have launched a nationwide manhunt for a group of wanted Moroccan suspects after the terror attacks in Spain earlier this week.
Oukabir, from the upscale Catalonian town of Ripoll, is believed to have been the driver of a Fiat van behind the massacre in Barcelona, with his older brother reportedly telling investigators that his documents were stolen to rent the vehicle.
At around 1am the following morning, five alleged terrorists were shot dead in Cambrils after they killed one and injured five civilians and one police officer.
Four others have been arrested, one in Alcanar after Wednesday's explosion and three in the Catalan town of Ripoll after the Barcelona attack. Police have not confirmed whether they believe Oubakir was driving the van.
Oukabir's brother Driss was one of them. This was the case in the deadly November 2015 Paris attacks, the Berlin truck attack in December 2016 and two earlier ISIS-claimed attacks in Germany: a suicide bombing and an ax attack in the Bavarian cities of Ansbach and Wurzburg.
- Bonnie Tyler to mark eclipse in US
- Tiffany Haddish Goes to 'Night School' with Kevin Hart
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Filming Date Revealed
- Ericsson could downsize foreign workforce by 25000
- WBA refuse une offre de Manchester City pour Evans
- CM Kejriwal warns 449 schools to refund "extra fees"
- Nice - Avec Balotelli et Sneijder face à Guingamp, le groupe niçois
- Celebrate the solar eclipse at the Buffalo Museum of Science
- As North plans missile launch, US, S Korea ready war games
- McDonald's could face first United Kingdom strike after workers back industrial action