July's prelimiary rate of 3.7 percent extends to 22 consecutive months where the jobless rate has been below 4 percent.
Nebraska's unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in almost 17 years in July, largely helped by job gains in several categories.
California's unemployment rate also increased in July, ticking up from 4.7 to 4.8 percent, even though California's employers added 82,600 non-farm payroll jobs during the month.
The U.S. Labor Department says unemployment rates were relatively stable in most states.
"We're seeing much more positive trends", Walls said.
Trump And Team About To Decide On Afghanistan War
US officials have consulted Afghanistan leaders on Mattis's plan, according to Afghan Ambassador to the U.S. About 8,400 USA troops are now in Afghanistan .
Both the state and local unemployment rates remained well below the national rate, which was 4.3 percent in July.
Conversely, the state's adjusted rate increased one-tenth of a percentage point in July to 2.4 percent.
The sector of professional and business services added the most jobs last month: 903. The state says there are almost 40,000 more employed people in Arkansas compared with July 2016.
Across the country, hiring increased in 11 USA states last month - including Pennsylvania - while the unemployment rate tumbled to record lows in two states.
- Plenty of smiles as Basingstoke students get top A-Level results
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY), BP plc (BP)
- Catalonia terror attacks: Third suspect arrested, police confirm on Twitter
- Un mort et un blessé dans une attaque à l'arme blanche — Allemagne
- Trump : Bannon "est quelqu'un de bien, pas un raciste"
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Australian caught up in Barcelona, Paris, London attacks
- Powerball reaches $535 million, drawing Saturday
- Guam Governor Says Trump Called, Assured Island Is Safe
- The Eiffel Tower goes dark to honor victims of Barcelona attack