Leave, they said, and she closes the door to Trump and the government, and possibly alienates Trump-loving GM vehicle buyers; stay on the council, and she looks like an asshole after Tuesday's mess at Trump Tower.
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) CEO Denise Morrison is the latest to drop out, following a news cycle that saw Trump say there's "blame on both sides" for violence at a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia that included neo-Nazis and members of the Ku Klux Klan.
JPMorgan Chase & Co CEO Jamie Dimon, a member of one of the panels, said he strongly disagreed with Trump's reaction to the events in Charlottesville, adding in a statement that "racism, intolerance and violence are always wrong" and "fanning divisiveness is not the answer".
In a Wednesday statement on his departure from what's formally known as the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative, Thulin said the group "is no longer an effective vehicle" for the technology company to promote job growth in the U.S.
Arizona's Monument to Jefferson Davis Got Tarred and Feathered
Lee statue, has spurred on the debate over what to do with Confederate monuments. The state's department of public safety is investigating the matter.
It's unclear what work the council has done since being convened.
The CEOs of Tesla, Disney and Uber had already abandoned the groups earlier this year over policy disagreements with Trump. Before that Musk explained his involvement as being part of the "greater good" and that, hey, maybe he could sway Trump in the right direction. He blasted Frazier less than an hour after the CEO quit the council. Trump lashed out at the decision, criticizing Merck for boosting drug prices. Not really, because I feel like we as a country just proved we have bigger shit to worry about first. "I am stepping down from the council to focus on inspiring & uniting through power of sport". "I believe the president should have been-and still needs to be-unambiguous on that point".
Both Trumka and the Chief of Staff for the AFL-CIO, Thea Lee, resigned from the manufacturing council on Tuesday.
"We joined this council with the intent to be a voice for working people and real hope that it would result in positive economic policy, but it has become yet another broken promise on the president's record".
- Plusieurs personnes poignardées à Turku, une arrestation — Finlande
- Riya Sen ties knot with Shivam Tiwari
- Get Set For Some Good Trippy Trippy Experience With Sunny Leone!
- United States says joint S.Korea war games not on the negotiating table
- Rwanda: Kagame to Be Sworn in Today
- Checchi Capital Advisers LLC Sells 3205 Shares of Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST)
- LIVE. Attentats en Espagne: un troisième suspect arrêté, 15 blessés toujours hospitalisés
- West Wing turmoil over President Trump's response to Charlottesville race clashes
- Analysts Set Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (ASH) PT at $108.25
- Star-Studded Event: Sridevi's Birthday Bash Hosted By Manish Malhotra