A third person has been arrested in connection with a suspected Islamist militant attack in the northeastern Spanish city of Barcelona on Thursday and another incident in Cambrils, Spanish police said on Friday.
In Barcelona, a white van jumped onto a curb, swerved through the busy thoroughfare and struck pedestrians at Las Ramblas in what police called a terror attack.
The death toll could rise, with more than 100 injured, authorities said.
Islamic State has said it is behind the attack, according to the AMAQ newsagency.
The Barcelona-based La Vanguardia newspaper is reporting at least one dead and 20 injured.
Barcelona police later said in a tweet that the auto and its driver were intercepted about 10 kilometers (6 miles) outside of the downtown area where the original attack happened.
Red Sox owner wants to rename Yawkey Way for racism reasons
Nowadays, you pretty much never see a ceremonial first pitch unless you are watching the game live or something goes pretty wrong. Stephen Piscotty, OF: He smacked another homer for the Memphis Redbirds Wednesday, his fourth in his last six games.
The men, wearing explosive belts, were linked to the first attack.
The deadly events began in the early evening with a van plowing through crowds on the renowned Las Ramblas avenue, a popular tourist section of Barcelona.
The authorities were still searching for the driver of the van. Six civilians and one police officer were wounded by the attackers. The group gave no further evidence or details to back this claim.
Isabella Garrucho Trimper says she was born in Spain and knows the area where it happened.
Hours after the Barcelona attack, a woman was fatally wounded and six others hurt when a auto ran into them in the the town of Cambrils.
This is the moment a man saves a baby's life during the terrorist attack in Barcelona on Thursday.
Two others are reported to be in a "serious condition", according to emergency services.
- Twitch acquired video indexing platform ClipMine to power new discovery features
- Romain Bardet pour le plaisir et un peu plus si possible — Vuelta
- ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE:ARR) Announces Monthly Dividend of $0.19
- Trump elevates status of Unified Combatant Command focused on cyberspace operations
- Ford To Pay $10.1M To Resolve EEOC Harassment Probe
- Taylor Swift Just Deleted All of Her Instagram Photos
- Kit Kat accused of copying Atari game Breakout
- Eclipse festival traffic clogs highways outside of OR city
- Valencia seal Gabriel signing from Arsenal
- Deere Sales Miss Expectations Despite Strong Growth