Following the Secretary, Economic Affairs, Shaktikanta Das' announcements in November past year that newer notes of small denominations like Rs 50 and Rs 100 were in the pipeline, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) also confirmed the same.
With furthering the process of passing the new Rs 50 notes into peoples hands, it is believed that the new notes have already reached RBI chests and ready to be distributed. The central bank is also set to introduce new note of denomination Rs 200 shortly. "The base colour of the note is fluorescent blue".
The note will be issued under Mahatma Gandhi series.
The notes bear the signature of RBI Governor Urjit Patel and have the motif of Hampi with a chariot on the reverse. After that the buzz died around the introduction of the new notes until these pictures surfaced. The Ashok Pillar emblem has been placed along the far right edge of the new Rs 50 note, whereas Rs 50 in Devnagri can be seen on its left.
The Eiffel Tower goes dark to honor victims of Barcelona attack
This is the moment a man saves a baby's life during the terrorist attack in Barcelona on Thursday. Isabella Garrucho Trimper says she was born in Spain and knows the area where it happened.
Patel had promised to launch new Rs 50 notes past year.
However the truancy of any government or official intimation on these leaked images of Rs 50 notes made it subject to the fake notes controversy.
November 8, 2016, Indian economy saw the biggest denomination overhaul with Rs. 1000 and Rs. 500 currency notes becoming invalid.
It added that the design and security features of the new notes will be similar to the old tender, which will continue in circulation.
- Trump's Threat 'Very Worrisome', South Korean Presidential Adviser Says
- Transfer Window Changes 'A Long Way Off'
- Police make arrest after discovery of corpse on NYC street
- Dani Carvajal: Real Madrid locker room upset with Ronaldo ban
- Démission officielle de Fadhel Abdelkefi du gouvernement de Youssef Chahed
- Catalonia terror attacks: Third suspect arrested, police confirm on Twitter
- ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE:ARR) Announces Monthly Dividend of $0.19
- Merck's Frazier resigns from Trump's advisory board
- Unemployment rate goes up in San Bernardino County for second straight month
- Guam Governor Says Trump Called, Assured Island Is Safe