Energy efficient LED bulbs, tube lights and ceiling fans will be sold at petrol pumps across the country. Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said at an event in New Delhi that petrol pumps may soon be allowed to run pharmacies and IT service centres. "Our three OMCs are expert in retail energy business..." Pradhan said that oil marketing companies are coming up with innovative ideas to conserve energy with their collaboration and in the future generic medicine stores will also be opened along with them, Times of India reported. He added that this would enable the growth of non-fuel retail businesses.
"We [the government] are trying that the pharmacy wing of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, and the IT Ministry's common service centres be opened at state-owned petrol pumps", Pradhan said.
"OMCs retail outlets should become convenience centres where daily essential products and services are made available to the public at large, so that non-fuel retail business could be grown".
Lin-Manuel Miranda gets naked with James Corden for wild Hair' musical
Change has to start somewhere, and it's usually in the streets with everyday people deciding to stand up for what they believe in. If you thought Hamilton was brilliant, just wait till you see this.
The minister disclosed that around 55,000 retail energy outlets of the OMCs attract around 35 million footfalls per day.
As per the agreement, Oil Marketing Companies - Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) - will distribute UJALA Energy Efficient Appliances through their Petrol Pumps across the country.
"The marketing network of the three oil marketing companies is unparalleled and this tie-up will only accelerate and scale up the distribution of energy efficient appliances across the length and breadth of the country", Goyal said.
- 'Fatwa' Issued On Facebook Against Tripura Chief Minister
- German minister slams Erdogan's 'interference' in Germany's vote
- Summary of Price Movements:: Enbridge Energy Partners, LP (EEP)
- Charlottesville mayor to make 'major announcement' regarding Lee statue
- Africa's Richest Man Will Fire Wenger If He Buys Arsenal
- Death toll from Sierra Leone floods passes 400: Red Cross
- Controversial NY Pol Carl Paladino Removed From Buffalo School Board
- Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at age 89!
- Here's What Littlefinger's Letter that Arya Found Says
- Chelsea will not abandon pursuit of England global despite fresh injury concern