Meanwhile, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has confirmed the death of one of its member in the fracas, describing it as brutal murder.
Oweilaemi Pereotubo, who gave the warning to IPOB leader, Kanu, while addressing journalists in Warri, Delta State, reiterated that it was naive and callous for someone to address Chief Clark as a slave, knowing full well that Clark was only cautioning Kanu not to further marginalise the Igbo in the scheme of things by boycotting the November governorship election in Anambra State.
IPOB members were said to have defied the heavy presence of security personnel and began parading the streets singing and waving Biafra flags.
Reacting to Kanu's inauguration of Biafra Secret Service, the comedian faulted the silence of the Federal Government, noting that renowned terrorist groups like ISIS, Al Qaeda and Boko Haram started the same way.
Trouble started when security operatives - including soldiers, policemen and other paramilitary agencies - who had gathered at the arena reportedly seized and burnt items being sold by the Biafra agitators. "People should not take laws into their hands; the security operatives in Anambra are working day and night to secure the environment and are not ready to allow miscreants take over the society", Nwode said.
Trump Scolds CNN's Jim Acosta For Asking About Charlottesville
An ice-cold glass of lemonade after a mowing the lawn, sitting down to read a good book, witnessing your favorite team beat a bitter rival, and of course, watching President Trump put the verbal smack-down on CNN "Mr.
The presence of the security men was to secure the people of the area from being attacked by hoodlums.
"The police with other security agencies on joint patrol went to the scene, dispersed and cleared the road peacefully without any clash".
He said that despite the intimidation, IPOB leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, would be at Ekwulobia on Sunday to condole with the family of yesterday's victim.
The group, in a statement issued by the group's Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, said the police officers acted on the orders of the Inspector General of Police.
- Trump's Threat 'Very Worrisome', South Korean Presidential Adviser Says
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY), BP plc (BP)
- Taylor Swift Just Deleted All of Her Instagram Photos
- Powerball reaches $535 million, drawing Saturday
- SC asks Karti to appear before CBI on August 23
- Plenty of smiles as Basingstoke students get top A-Level results
- Australian caught up in Barcelona, Paris, London attacks
- ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE:ARR) Announces Monthly Dividend of $0.19
- The Eiffel Tower goes dark to honor victims of Barcelona attack
- Trump : Bannon "est quelqu'un de bien, pas un raciste"