This isn't a Jedi mind trick: Obi-Wan Kenobi might finally be getting his own movie.
Disney bought "Star Wars" creator George Lucas' Lucasfilm in 2012 in a $4 billion deal and announced a new trilogy of films following the space saga as well as three standalone "Star Wars" projects that focus on stories outside of the central tale of the Skywalker family. Rogue One, which centered on a Rebel Alliance group stealing the secret Death Star plans, was set right before the events of 1977's Star Wars, while director Ron Howard is filming a Han Solo standalone for release next year, with Alden Ehrenreich as a younger version of Harrison Ford's iconic smuggler.
Police make arrest after discovery of corpse on NYC street
The city Medical Examiner will perform additional testing, including toxicology tests, to determine how she died. Police were withholding the name of the 27-year-old woman pending family notification.
The character was played by Alec Guinness in the original Star Wars films, and as a young man in the prequels by Ewan McGregor.
There are no actors in place but McGregor has long talked about going back to the role someday: In a 2016 interview with Collider, he said he'd "very much like to do" a Kenobi solo movie. Kenobi would then go on to train Skywalker's son Luke before falling to Vader in "Star Wars: A New Hope".
The next film, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi", is scheduled for release in December.
- "Attaque terroriste" à Barcelone : une camionnette percute la foule
- Australian caught up in Barcelona, Paris, London attacks
- One feared killed as IPOB clashes with army, police
- Trump's Threat 'Very Worrisome', South Korean Presidential Adviser Says
- Romain Bardet pour le plaisir et un peu plus si possible — Vuelta
- RBI introducing new 50 Rupee currency Note, Old notes will be valid
- Calif. Woman Searching for Husband After Barcelona Attack
- Merck's Frazier resigns from Trump's advisory board
- Mondi Plc (MNDI) Insider Purchases 8 Shares of Stock
- The Largest Near-Earth Object (NEO) To Whizz Past Earth Next Month