The council's Ex Officio members, who include the chairmen of the National Endowments for the Arts and the Humanities, did not resign. "The administration pulled out of the Paris agreement, filed an amicus brief undermining the Civil Rights Act and attacked our courageous trans service members".
The arts and humanities committee was established in 1982 under President Ronald Reagan and all the current members had been appointed by President Barack Obama. But it is our role as commissioners on the PCAH to do so. "We took a patriotic oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". Others signing the resignation letter included author Jhumpa Lahiri; and Vicki Kennedy, widow of Edward M Kennedy.
The letter's signatories framed their resignations in context of Trump's often derogatory attitude and policies regarding the arts and humanities, mentioning his proposal of a budget that "eliminates arts and culture agencies", his attacks on the press, and his attacks on "inclusion", which they named as a fundamental value of art. Your words and actions push us all further away from the freedoms we are guaranteed. The letter is truly a thing of beauty, and waking up feeling like I was screaming into the void of an apathetic, uncaring universe tearing apart my nation, it provided a small bit of hope and solace to hear an official agency condemn Trump in such powerful and true rhetoric.
Here's What Littlefinger's Letter that Arya Found Says
I write to you with a heavy heart. "Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt", the letter says. Game Of Thrones season seven continues on HBO Sunday, on Sky Atlantic on Mondays in the United Kingdom at 9 pm.
"Your values are not American values", the letter concluded. Your values are not American values.
It ends: We must be better than this.
The committee is the fourth such advisory board connected to the president to see resignations in the wake of Charlottesville. "If this is not clear to you, then we call on you to resign your office, too", the letter reads.
The committee, which counts First Lady Melania Trump as its honorary chairperson, is made up of holdovers from the previous administration who opted to stay on after the transition in January.
- Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at age 89!
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Essential Phone now available for purchase starting at $699
- Eclipse festival traffic clogs highways outside of OR city
- Chelsea will not abandon pursuit of England global despite fresh injury concern
- Deere Sales Miss Expectations Despite Strong Growth
- Twitch acquired video indexing platform ClipMine to power new discovery features
- Un cadavre retrouvé dans le canal de Bourgogne "les mains entravées" — YONNE
- L'explosion d'Alcanar, le point de départ — Attentat de Barcelone
- Romney demands public apology from Trump over Charlottesville comments