Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has announced that he is leaving the American Manufacturing Council in the wake of US president Donald Trump's delayed condemnation of a white supremacist march in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday.
Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier left the council early Monday after saying Trump did not condemn white supremacists strongly enough in his original statement.
President Donald Trump should have done his homework on Merck (NYSE: MRK) Chairman and CEO Ken Frazier before spouting off on Twitter and implying Frazier and the drugmaker are behind "ripoff drug prices", CNBC's Jim Cramer said on Monday.
Donald Trump has condemned a businessman who quit a White House panel in protest of Trump's refusal to condemn the white nationalist groups after the deadly violence at the weekend. "We should honour - not attack - those who have stood up for equality and other cherished American values".
"For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council", he tweeted, "I have many to take their place".
Earlier Tuesday, Scott Paul, president of the nonprofit American Alliance for Manufacturing, announced his exit, "because it's the right thing for me to do". "On many sides", Trump said. He announced his resignation from the council on Monday, before Trump's second statement on the Charlottesville protest and counter-protest.
Trump mocked the executive nearly immediately following the resignation, saying on Twitter that Frazier will now "have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!".
Police make arrest after discovery of corpse on NYC street
The city Medical Examiner will perform additional testing, including toxicology tests, to determine how she died. Police were withholding the name of the 27-year-old woman pending family notification.
With the barb, Trump appeared to attack an industry executive who has tried to make drug pricing somewhat more transparent by revealing his company's overall drug price changes.
Krzanich did not mention Trump by name in his post, but his departure from the council comes as the President has faced tough criticism over his response to Charlotttesville.
I am appreciative of the opportunity to have served, but have made a decision to step down from the council.
Frazier's resignation prompted angry responses from Trump on Twitter.
Kevin Plank asserts that "Under Armour engages in innovation and sports, not politics" and reiterates his decision to step down.
But yesterday Trump denounced the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and white supremacists as "repugnant" to everything Americans hold dear.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has resigned from the American Manufacturing Council, citing disgust with the current political climate.
- Romain Bardet pour le plaisir et un peu plus si possible — Vuelta
- Trump's Threat 'Very Worrisome', South Korean Presidential Adviser Says
- One feared killed as IPOB clashes with army, police
- Unemployment rate goes up in San Bernardino County for second straight month
- Guam Governor Says Trump Called, Assured Island Is Safe
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY), BP plc (BP)
- Dani Carvajal: Real Madrid locker room upset with Ronaldo ban
- Necrozma Will Darken Alola In Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's New Story
- Grigor Dimitrov Wins Against Juan Matin del Porto in Cincinnati
- Australian caught up in Barcelona, Paris, London attacks