"RMT commends our Arriva Rail North Members on their rock solid display of strength, resolve and unity during the action so far in opposition to the introduction of driver controlled operation and defence of the guards to guarantee a safer, securer and more accessible railway for all".
RMT say staff on Arriva Rail North services will walk out on Friday September 1 and Monday September 4 in an ongoing dispute over driver-only trains.
Staff at Merseyrail will be on strike on 1 September, 3 September and 4 September.
After a meeting with Northern bosses Mr Cash said the "responsibility for the inevitable disruption lies wholly with the company".
"RMT is bitterly disappointed that Southern Rail have rejected our call for round-table discussions involving all parties with an interest in resolving this dispute", said RMT general secretary Mick Cash. We are angry and frustrated that Arriva continue to fail to face up to the facts and also continue to ignore a perfectly reasonable union proposal to invite the DfT to join us in round table talks aimed at finding a solution.
Analysts Set Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (ASH) PT at $108.25
Shares of Ashland Global Holdings (NYSE ASH) traded down 0.08% during mid-day trading on Tuesday, reaching $61.15. Retirement Systems of Alabama increased its position in Ashland Global Holdings by 50.2% in the first quarter.
The union is in dispute with the company over staffing and plans for driver-only trains which the RMT says would be unsafe.
"Northern is prepared to guarantee jobs and current pay for all our conductors for the next eight years, until the end of our franchise".
Jan Chaudhry-van der Velde, Merseyrail's managing director, said: "The RMT say this dispute is about safety".
"But a recent industry report (RSSB, Risk associated with train dispatch, July 2017) states that: '... there is no additional risk for passengers boarding and alighting *DCO/DOO trains, and indeed that trains without a guard actually appear to lower overall dispatch related safety risk to passengers'".
GTR has been approached for comment.
- LIVE. Attentats en Espagne: un troisième suspect arrêté, 15 blessés toujours hospitalisés
- Get Set For Some Good Trippy Trippy Experience With Sunny Leone!
- Arizona's Monument to Jefferson Davis Got Tarred and Feathered
- Arsenal ready to make offer for unsettled PSG attacker Julian Draxler
- Checchi Capital Advisers LLC Sells 3205 Shares of Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST)
- Trump scraps business forums after CEOs resign in protest
- United States says joint S.Korea war games not on the negotiating table
- United Kingdom borders to stay open after Brexit
- Rwanda: Kagame to Be Sworn in Today
- OSU basketball team OK after attack in Spain