Whisky remained the UK's top export, followed by salmon, while beer exports bagged the third spot, overtaking chocolate followed by cheese.
Spain and Japan were the only markets in the top 20 that fell across the six months.
Exports of the fish favourite leapt by more than 53 per cent to a value of £408-million, the Food and Drink Federation announced today.
Although Japan was down by 2%, Spain saw a dramatic decline of 17.6% due to a drop in commodity exports (such as wheat and barley). This has resulted in the UK's food and drink trade deficit increasing by 16% to -£12.4bn in the first half of 2017. The three export markets that saw the greatest percentage growth in value in H1 were South Korea (+77%), China (+35%), and Belgium (+39%).
"It is great to see such strong growth in our exports to EU Member States".
The Government has identified the U.S. as providing significant opportunities for a trade deal post-Brexit.
Joselu completes move to Newcastle from Stoke
It's a tough league but it's a challenge I'm really looking forward to. Ritchie said: "I don't think we're going to struggle".
"We believe there are significant opportunities to grow our sector's exports further still".
UK's imports are higher than the exports, leading to trade deficit of around €53 billion (£48 billion) during the first six months of this year in its trade with the European Union bloc.
Although the fall in the pound helped boost United Kingdom export competitiveness, the FDF said it also led to an increase in the cost of many essential imported ingredients and raw materials.
Food minister George Eustice said of the news: "We have ambitious plans to produce and export more of our fabulous foods around the world and more businesses are trying exporting for the first time".
Meanwhile, the Food Manufacture Group has teamed up with sister William Reed manufacturing titles British Baker and Meat Trades Journal to stage a one-day conference dedicated boosting food and drink exports at Ardencote Manor on Thursday October 5.
Andy Bing, sales director of Loch Duart Salmon in North West Scotland. told BBC News: "British salmon is becoming more popular globally, This half we've sold more than we ever have", he said, adding that the firm's main export markets were France, the US, Italy, and Switzerland.UK salmon exports have grown after Chilean producers suffered problems in 2015 with algal blooms that killed a large amount of their fish, he said. "We will continue to work with industry to open new opportunities".
- Lin-Manuel Miranda gets naked with James Corden for wild Hair' musical
- Barcelona attack: Youngest victim thought to be 3-year-old child
- Charlottesville mayor to make 'major announcement' regarding Lee statue
- Bitcoin: Australia Cracks Down on Digital Currency Exchanges
- Un cadavre retrouvé dans le canal de Bourgogne "les mains entravées" — YONNE
- Abe tells top United States general of resolve to boost alliance
- La République En Marche s'offre un hôtel particulier comme nouveau QG (Exclu)
- Crackdown 3 delayed to spring 2018
- Summary of Price Movements:: Enbridge Energy Partners, LP (EEP)
- Little Leaguers ready to show power at World Series'