Samsung is scheduled to announce the Galaxy Note 8 smartphone at an "Unpacked" event in New York City on August 23. "The refurbishment program was managed by FedEx Supply Chain and operated independently of Samsung".
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be compatible with their Smart Switch software to help you transfer your photos, contacts and music from your old phone.
We've seen loads of iPhone 8 dummy models surfacing lately, but most Galaxy Note 8 leaks have been in digital render form - until now. These batteries have a tendency to overheat, according to the CPSC, which poses risk of burns and fire hazards. A website has been set up with detailed instructions regarding how to process the recall for those with affected Galaxy Note 4 phones.
So far, there's only been one report of a phone overheating and no damage to people or property because of it. The batteries are non-OEM, which means they were not supplied as original equipment by the phone's manufacturer, Samsung.
Attentat de Barcelone : 26 Français blessés dont une dizaine grièvement
Une Belge figure parmi les morts et 26 Français ont été blessés dont au moins onze gravement. La police a rapidement confirmé une " attaque terroriste ".
It looks as if Samsung's Galaxy S8 continues to be a success as the reports indicate the device outsold every other individual Android smartphone during the second quarter of this year. "We are closely engaged with our customer to make sure all of these lithium batteries are safely and quickly returned, and will replace those lithium batteries free of charge for consumers".
"Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled battery and power down their smartphone", reads the recall notice from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CSPC is specific that this is only for those units "distributed as replacement phones through AT&T's Insurance program only".
KitGuru Says: At least this time around, the Galaxy Note blunder had absolutely nothing to do with Samsung itself.
- Former Uber chief Travis Kalanick strikes back at Benchmark Capital
- Here Are the Freshly Leaked Renders of Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
- Arsenal ready to make offer for unsettled PSG attacker Julian Draxler
- OSU basketball team OK after attack in Spain
- Several People Stabbed in Finland, Shots Reportedly Fired
- Checchi Capital Advisers LLC Sells 3205 Shares of Ross Stores, Inc. (ROST)
- Fresh wave of rail strikes planned for start of September
- Plusieurs personnes poignardées à Turku, une arrestation — Finlande
- FDA approves new treatment for adults with relapsed or refractory ALL
- Prince William in new Diana documentary: 'The funeral walk was one of the hardest things I've ever done'