RFEF issued Ronaldo with a €3,005 fine and a four-match suspension in addition to the automatic one-game ban the player was due to serve for his red card.
Madrid made an official appeal to see the punishment reduced or removed but the single judge dismissed the appeal this morning and that makes the five match ban still viable.
Consequentially, Ronaldo will miss Wednesday's second leg of Spanish Super Cup and La Liga on the 20 of August.
Real Madrid reportedly claimed at appeal that the push on the referee, which followed the player being awarded a second yellow card for diving (TV replays show it wasn't a dive), was an "uncontrollable reflex".
Dani Carvajal: Real Madrid locker room upset with Ronaldo ban
There's really no question that Real Madrid have one of the best young strikers in the world in 21-year-old Marco Asensio. After he was ordered off, the Portuguese pushed referee Ricardo De Burgos Bengoetxea in frustration.
"Barca midfielder Sergio Busquets said: "A 3-1 defeat at home is very hard to take; the tie seems very tough for us now but we'll try and make a go of it, even though we've made it nearly impossible for us". Over the weekend in the win over Barcelona, Ronaldo earned himself a five-game suspension when, after he picked up a second yellow card, he proceeded to shove an official.
"When you look at everything that happened, to think Cristiano won't play five games with us.it is infuriating", Zidane said on Tuesday. Despite Ronaldo's absence, Madrid would be eyeing its 10th Spanish Super Cup title against a comparatively weaker Barcelona which is still trying to recover from Neymar's transfer to PSG. "As I said before this team is hungry and we show it every time we play".
New signing Paulinho won't be involved as he doesn't arrive in Barcelona until Thursday.
Deere Sales Miss Expectations Despite Strong Growth
TRADEMARK VIOLATION WARNING: This piece of content was first reported by StockNewsTimes and is the property of of StockNewsTimes. Equities research analysts anticipate that Deere & Company will post $6.42 earnings per share for the current year.
- Taylor Swift Just Deleted All of Her Instagram Photos
- Investment Research Analysts Opinion: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (CY), BP plc (BP)
- Real Madrid : les Merengue saisissent le TAS pour Ronaldo
- ARMOUR Residential REIT, Inc. (NYSE:ARR) Announces Monthly Dividend of $0.19
- More than 16 million affected by flooding in South Asia
- How Patriots could fill void left by Derek Rivers' injury
- Trump elevates status of Unified Combatant Command focused on cyberspace operations
- L'explosion d'Alcanar, le point de départ — Attentat de Barcelone
- Valencia seal Gabriel signing from Arsenal
- Trump And Team About To Decide On Afghanistan War