These comments follow unrest in Charlottesville, Virginia at the weekend when a vehicle ploughed into a group of anti-racism protesters, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.
Following a weekend of racial clashes in Virginia, Arizona civil rights leaders have been demanding the removal of Confederate memorials around our state.
The Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway monument, which stands near the US-60 and Peralta Road, appears to have been vandalized Thursday. The state's department of public safety is investigating the matter.
The Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway Monument was later erected in the 1940s by the Daughters of the Confederacy, the Phoenix New Times reported. While the Western region was claimed by the Confederacy in 1861 and a few battalions of Arizonians did fight on their side in the war, it was only a territory.
"Attaque terroriste" à la camionnette-bélier à Barcelone
Un témoin a décrit " un homme très jeune, d'une vingtaine d'années, au visage mince ". L'attentat a été rapidement revendiqué par le groupe djihadiste Etat islamique.
"It is vandalism", another old white dude named Tom Hill said. "If you have objections to a memorial, then get involved and work through the proper channels". Local news broadcasters should really interview people other than old white dudes when they're reporting on the destruction of Confederate monuments. "Breaking the law and destroying property isn't the answer".
President Donald Trump took to Twitter this morning to send out a series of tweets defending Confederate statues and push back against their removal while also parroting his previous comments about how monuments to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson could be next.
The violence that broke out at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, when white nationalists gathered to protest the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue, has spurred on the debate over what to do with Confederate monuments.
- Yakuza 6 Western Release Date Confirmed
- China, US agree on direct military communication
- Trump again cites 'military' option against North Korea
- (GHL) Reaches 52-Week High
- LIVE. Attentats en Espagne: un troisième suspect arrêté, 15 blessés toujours hospitalisés
- Latest Instagram update brings new options to reply with photos and videos
- First Look at Wildspire Waste in the upcoming Monster Hunter
- Tottenham agree €45m deal for Ajax's Davinson Sánchez
- Celestica, Inc. (CLS) Position Maintained by Shell Asset Management Co
- India's independence day observed as 'black day' in Kashmir