The president has been holding campaign-style events in Trump-friendly areas since he took office.
"If President Trump is coming to Phoenix to announce a pardon for former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the it will be clear that his true intent is to enflame emotions and further divide our nation", Stanton wrote.
My message to Trump: Don't bring your circus of hate to Arizona. Trump has said he's considering a pardon for Arpaio, a deeply divisive figure in Phoenix.
President Donald Trump will hold a rally in Phoenix next week, his campaign announced Wednesday.
Here is a link to Grijalva's Facebook video.
Trump's announcement of an August 22 rally at the Phoenix Convention Center didn't mention Arpaio, but it immediately renewed speculation that he might use the event to pardon the controversial former sheriff who became famous for his tough stance on illegal immigration.
Arpaio "has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration", Trump said. Trump told Fox News. "He doesn't deserve to be treated this way".
Le pilote manceau Sébastien Bourdais autorisé à reprendre la compétition
Le Français pourrait effectuer son retour dans le championnat IndyCar en septembre, à Watkins Glen et Sonoma. Découvrez les girlfriends des pilotes de Formule 1 dans notre galerie en cliquant ici .
But what about outside the center where protesters and counterprotesters will once again confront each other?
"In preparation for this event", he concluded, "my focus and that of the Phoenix Police Department is on keeping everyone - those attending the rally, those expressing their First Amendment rights outside and the general public - safe".
Trump has recently been visiting states where he has strong support. But perhaps he should listen to Mayor Stanton.
A delay until the memory of Charlottesville fades won't guarantee a peaceful night in Phoenix.
Tickets to Trump's rally are available on a first-come, first-served basis and limited to two tickets per person.
The Tucson Democrat called Trump "unhinged" following the president's comments about the violence in Charlottesville.
- DERNIÈRE HEURE - Accident mortel à l'Ange-Gardien : Le Murano a été localisé
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery to Remove Confederate Monument After Outcry
- Makhosi Khoza boycott amounts to 'gross ill-discipline'
- Jennifer Aniston in talks to star in upcoming 'suburban parenting' comedy
- Autonomous glider to track critically endangered right whales
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Stephen Hendry is snookered on Celebrity MasterChef
- Graham: Trump's Charlottesville rhetoric 'dividing Americans, not healing them'
- Rona to make Wallabies debut on the wing
- Eighth CEO resigns from Trump's manufacturing council