McAuliffe said he doesn't want Trump to visit Charlottesville if the president continues using rhetoric that is "dividing" the country.
"I disagree with the president that this was all about the Lee statue", he said, adding that he just "lost three great citizens".
"The governor was referencing the weapons and tactical gear the members of various groups attending the rally had on their persons", Geller says.
Virginia police have come under criticism for failing to quell violence at the rally, which left one counterprotester dead and more than 30 injured. President, it's hatred, it's bigotry, it's racism, and it needs to stop in this country. "They are two, entirely separate groups".
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE:AEO) held by 31 SEC 13F Filers
American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO) shares traded -0.36% down during most recent session to reach at the closing price of $10.92. Are American Eagle Outfitters , Inc. (NYSE:AEO) was down -2.32% (-$0.26) to $10.96 and showed a volume of 3.47 mln shares.
White nationalists and hate groups behind violent racial clashes in the city of Charlottesville sought to promote hatred and bigotry and had interest in efforts to remove statues honoring Confederate leaders in the US Civil War, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe said in an interview on Thursday.
Governor Bruce Rauner is speaking out against President Donald Trump's comments on the violence in Charlottesville. But he effectively erased the statement the following day during an impromptu news conference when he said "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides".
In an interview Monday on the Pod Save the People podcast, hosted by Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson, McAuliffe claimed the white nationalists who streamed into Charlottesville that weekend hid weapons throughout the town.
"They need to come down", he said. He's encouraging local governments and General Assembly to take down those monuments and put them museums.
- Call of Duty WWII
- Chelsea told to cough up £40m for Leicester City star
- RDC: 40 morts dans un glissement de terrain dans le nord-est
- Protect Your Eyes & Camera Equipment For Next Week's Total Solar Eclipse
- La République en marche : les nouveaux statuts largement adoptés par les adhérents
- Shania Twain coming to St. Louis in 2018
- #Echecs Echecs : Garry Kasparov toujours privé de victoire pour son grand retour
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Wildfire forces evacuations in Grant County
- Panamagate case: SC allows NAB access to volume 10 of JIT report