McAuliffe said he doesn't want Trump to visit Charlottesville if the president continues using rhetoric that is "dividing" the country.
"I disagree with the president that this was all about the Lee statue", he said, adding that he just "lost three great citizens".
"The governor was referencing the weapons and tactical gear the members of various groups attending the rally had on their persons", Geller says.
Virginia police have come under criticism for failing to quell violence at the rally, which left one counterprotester dead and more than 30 injured. President, it's hatred, it's bigotry, it's racism, and it needs to stop in this country. "They are two, entirely separate groups".
Target's profit, comp sales beat on higher customer visits
The company expects full-year earnings in the range of $4.34 to $4.54 per share, up from prior guidance of $3.80 to $4.20. For the current quarter ending in November, Target Corp . expects its per-share earnings to range from 75 to 95 cents.
White nationalists and hate groups behind violent racial clashes in the city of Charlottesville sought to promote hatred and bigotry and had interest in efforts to remove statues honoring Confederate leaders in the US Civil War, Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe said in an interview on Thursday.
Governor Bruce Rauner is speaking out against President Donald Trump's comments on the violence in Charlottesville. But he effectively erased the statement the following day during an impromptu news conference when he said "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides".
In an interview Monday on the Pod Save the People podcast, hosted by Black Lives Matter activist DeRay Mckesson, McAuliffe claimed the white nationalists who streamed into Charlottesville that weekend hid weapons throughout the town.
"They need to come down", he said. He's encouraging local governments and General Assembly to take down those monuments and put them museums.
- Some Tips If You Plan On Driving During The Solar Eclipse
- United States military leaders condemn racism after Charlottesville violence
- Shania Twain coming to St. Louis in 2018
- Panamagate case: SC allows NAB access to volume 10 of JIT report
- Johnny Depp Visits Canadian Children's Hospital as Captain Jack Sparrow
- PSG troll Barcelona over Supercopa loss to Madrid
- Chloe Ayling alleged kidnap: police arrest brother of chief suspect
- Turner Sports Secures Streaming Rights for UEFA Champions League Soccer
- Call of Duty WWII
- L'inquiétant rétropédalage de Trump sur Charlottesville