Premier League clubs are set to discuss a landmark change to the transfer window which could end domestic player movement before the start of the season.
Should the vote go as planned, the change would be put in effect ahead of the 2018-19 Premier League campaign.
According to United Kingdom publication, the Telegraph, Premier League officials want to bring forward the transfer deadline prior to the beginning of the season.
This summer's window has seen a number of protracted transfer sagas which have disrupted some teams' start to the season, including those involving Southampton's Virgil van Dijk and Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson.
The proposed deadline reportedly will only apply to incoming transfers, with Premier League clubs still permitted to sell players overseas after the season starts.
But Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp would still have to fight to keep Philippe Coutinho out of Barcelona's clutches until 11 p.m. on August 31 unless clubs in La Liga were to follow suit and impose its own preseason transfer deadline.
Moon says U.S. will not take military option against N
Next week's start of US-South Korean military exercises that enrage the North each year could make diplomacy even more hard . But Washington is also ready to use the "full range" of its military capabilities in case of provocation, Dunford said.
But some clubs are understood to believe it would be better for the league's integrity if none of its teams could add to their squads from the first match of the new season until the January transfer window.
"It would have helped us this year (if the window had shut when the season began)", the German said.
As such, talks over making the change and a vote are now expected to take place at the next Premier League shareholders meeting on 7th September.
Premier League clubs could lose players, and then be unable to sign anyone to replace them, or any players to reinforce their sides once the season has begun.
"In general, it makes sense that when the season starts that the planning is over". "It could happen next year".
Officials at the Premier League were not immediately available to comment on the reports.
- Xbox One & Windows 10's Crackdown 3 delayed until spring 2018
- Two killed on Gaza-Egypt border
- NSC meeting under PM: Indian provocation, brutalities in IHK condemned
- WWE Raw: Brock Lesnar confronts his SummerSlam opponents
- China replaces Japan as largest USA bond holder in June
- Le taux de chômage retrouve son niveau de 2012
- CID ejected Akombe from US-bound plane on suspicion she was fleeing
- Caen s'offre une pépite slovène — Officiel
- Chris Johnson's Forecast | Rain chances ramp up, few strong storms possible
- Ils volent 20 tonnes de Nutella et de Kinder Surprise — Allemagne