Paramount has confirmed press reports that Tom Cruise broke his ankle in a failed stunt attempt last weekend on the set of "Mission: Impossible 6", and that the injury will halt production on the movie.
The production of Mission: Impossible 6 (MI6) seems to have come to a stand-still after The Mummy actor Tom Cruise broke his ankle in a stunt gone wrong.
"Mission: Impossible 6" director Christopher McQuarrie told Britain's Empire magazine in an interview posted on Wednesday that Cruise was in "very good spirits" after his injury.
He also recalled what happened on the set that led to Tom Cruise injuring his ankle.
They added that filming will "go on hiatus while Tom makes a full recovery", but that the movie is still on track for its original release date - July 27, 2018. However, director Christopher McQuarrie has now revealed that the break will not mean a delay for the film's release.
"Tom wants to thank you all for your concern and support and can't wait to share the film with everyone next summer", the statement concluded.
Trump's business panels collapse after president's remarks on Charlottesville
Among the p. -d. g. who had announced their resignation from these bodies prior to their dissolution included, in addition to Mr. He said he notified the committee he would no longer serve "given the ongoing tone of the discussion".
MI6; co-starring Simon Pegg, Henry Cavill, Rebecca Ferguson, Angela Bassett and Alec Baldwin has two more months of filming scheduled.
Cruise injured himself while performing a stunt in London that involved the actor leaping between two buildings with the assistance of a harness.
A video shows him crashing into a wall.
In 2013, the action star, 55, told interviewer Graham Norton that he's trained for 30 years to be able to do his own stunts. "You can see it on his face".
"We jump off buildings and towns explode, and Tom really does it all, and he insists his cast do it too", added Jake Johnson, 39, who plays Cruise's sidekick in The Mummy.
Paramount, the studio distributing the film, and Cruise's representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment and it was not clear how any delay would affect the rest of the cast. My character dies, I nearly died.
- That Mysterious Letter from Sansa, Explained
- Rudy Giuliani hospitalized after fall, report says
- Trump lawyer forwarded email comparing Washington, Robert E. Lee
- Unemployment rate highest in last eight years: Rahul Gandhi
- Nadal maintains flawless record against Gasquet in Cincinnati
- 10-year-old Chandigarh rape victim delivers girl child
- PM Modi's Kashmir outreach welcomed in Jammu and Kashmir
- Commerzbank Ag Analysts Give Deutsche Telekom AG (DTE) a €18.00 Price Target
- Remains Found in Search for Natalee Holloway
- 1984 riots: SC panel to vet 241 cases