"We're always experimenting with our products with the goal of providing the most useful and optimal experience for our users".
According to an Android Police report, Google is testing a light version of the Search app in order to make it usable even in areas with slow internet connectivity. But it does look like initial roll out will be in Indonesia and India. On setup, users select their language before being brought to the homepage.
Thus, Google has chose to follow in the footsteps of other companies, including Facebook, Microsoft, and Twitter (sort of), and has started testing a new, lighter Search app. Search (Test App), as it's now called, offers users a number of data-saving and customization features not present in the current Google app. Other shortcuts include Top Sites and Offline Pages. The app also has a search bar at the bottom that suggests keywords as you type.
Xi calls for calm after Trump says USA is 'locked and loaded'
However, he added that an attack on Guam "won't just be against the United States military, it will be against the people". The threat from North Korea - or other countries for that matter - is not a new one.
The last two icons on the homescreen are for Settings and Feedback. Besides, the smaller app size should make it easier to work on entry level smartphones and consume very little data. Also, the results can be viewed in the internal browser instead of an external app. Now available in Indonesia and India as part of the beta testing, Search Lite is a new version of Google's main Search app that is created to reduce data requirements so that internet users in those countries can surf the web even without a fast connection.
Given the current refined stage of the app, it's likely that the app will be rolling out to select developing markets sooner than later.
- Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP) Trades at 52-Week High
- Goldman Sachs Is Biased Against Black Workers, Suit Says
- Woman taken hostage at Dutch radio station by man with knife
- North Korea Releases Photos Of Kim Reviewing Guam Attack Plan
- NSC meeting under PM: Indian provocation, brutalities in IHK condemned
- Kim Jong Un briefed on Guam missile plans
- Moon says U.S. will not take military option against N
- Kanye West's 'Life Of Pablo' tour merch up for design award
- Cuomo calls for removal of Confederate Generals' names from NYC streets
- Two killed on Gaza-Egypt border