The National Park Service is evacuating hostile dialect written in red splash paint on the Lincoln Memorial Tuesday.
A preservation crew is working to remove the graffiti without damaging the stone on the historic memorial, officials said.
However, a tweet from a reporter in the nation's capital showed that remnants of the graffiti remained this afternoon. They are also removing "undecipherable vandalism" that was spray painted on a Smithsonian sign in the 1400 block of Constitution Avenue.
The Lincoln Memorial was similarly the site of vandalism in 2013, when a woman threw green paint at the iconic monument and then at the Washington National Cathedral.
Graffiti on a pillar on the Lincoln Memorial on August 15, 2017.
This is not the first time graffiti has appeared on Mall monuments this year. Local ABC affiliate WJLA reported that the graffiti included small phrases that appeared to be conspiracy theories, such as "Jackie shot JFK", "blood test is a lie, leukemia, cancer HIV get 2nd opinion" and "9/11/01 Misty pilots fly planes into WTC 1, 2, P, F".
Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands
Tasty Bite has a subsidiary which is listed on BSE and NSE and the subsidiary will continue to be listed after the acquisition. Preferred Brands produces its products at a Pune, India manufacturing site, exporting the majority of its output to the U.S.
"I served the greatest air force in the world, but to come here to see that is like a slap in our face", he said.
National Parks Service released pictures showing spray paint vandalism on the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C.
Defacing a national monument or memorial is rare but not unheard of. The woman was later found incompetent to stand trial.
Restoration crews took nearly a month to remove the green paint at the time.
The United States Park Police has asked anyone with information to contact the agency at 202-610-7515.
- Stifel Nicolaus Downgrades Rating On Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS)
- Nick Fury Not In Avengers 4 Or Infinity Wars
- Qualcomm Adds Computer Vision, Biometric Cameras To Spectra Module Program
- Insiders Say Apple Watch Series 3 Will Have Cellular Connectivity
- Aaron Carter Makes Emotional Performance at Gay Bar in Tampa
- GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest
- Gylfi Sigurdsson off to Everton from Swansea City for £45 million
- Tillerson condemns ISIS 'genocide' of religious minorities
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- 'I thought I'd last longer than a carton of milk'