President Donald Trump is renewing his attacks on e-commerce giant Amazon, and he says the company is "doing great damage to tax paying retailers". "Towns, cities and states throughout the US are being hurt - many jobs being lost!", Trump said in the tweet. Without these arrangements, Trump argued, Amazon's stock would "crumble like a paper bag".
Many traditional retailers are closing stores and blaming Amazon for a shift to buying goods online.
The president often praises companies that are in the midst of hiring sprees, aiming to take credit for the added jobs.
Mr. Trump and Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos have a long-standing feud, with the president previously airing complaints about the retailer's taxes and taking pot shots at The Washington Post, which Bezos has owned since 2013. In January, the White House claimed Mr. Trump "was pleased to play role" in Amazon's decision to hire 100,000 workers. The president has denounced the Post as Bezos's "toy" and accused the businessman of using the newspaper to push his political agenda.
Own goal seals Liverpool win at Hoffenheim
If we have any hopes of making a dent in this competition this year then beating Hoffenheim is the least of our worries. Lovren twice went close with headers while Gnabry rifled in for the hosts after the whistle had gone for offside.
"In June, Trump complained that "#AmazonWashingtonPost" doesn't pay "Internet taxes".
In another tweet, Trump congratulated Roy Moore, a former state Supreme Court justice, and Senator Luther Strange, who was appointed earlier this year, advanced on Tuesday in the Republican primary for the Senate seat in Alabama vacated by Jeff Sessions.
Amazon does offer a state sales tax collection feature to "third-party" sellers, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- Australian terrorist Khaled Sharrouf and sons believed killed in Syria
- Is Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Coming to Xbox One?
- Bientôt des vidéos en réalité augmentée sur le réseau social — Facebook
- L'argent ou Alexis Sanchez, Wenger a fait son choix — Arsenal
- Sonic Mania Has An Irritating Home Button Bug On Switch
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo may land 12-match ban after referee shove
- What Snap and Blue Apron Have in Common
- PWC fined £5.1m for mishandling RSM Tenon audit
- Philippines regulator denies Uber's appeal on one-month suspension
- North Korea sets targets on Guam, but waits for US