But External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday announced that India would grant the visas to all Pakistanis, who had already applied for the travel documents to come for medical treatment, but had not yet been issued the same. The announcement comes at a time when the matter of granting medical visas to Pakistani citizens has come under spotlight following growing tension in Indo-Pak ties.
On the occasion of the Independence Day, New Delhi has made a decision to issue visas to all Pakistanis, who applied for the travel document to undergo medical treatment in India. "We are giving you the visa for your treatment in India", she tweeted.
This indicates that medical visa applicants from Pakistan will no longer require to procure a letter of recommendation from former Foreign Affairs Advisor Sartaj Aziz.
Third woman claims abuse by Polanski
Although the statute of limitations has expired on her case, she could be called to testify in a future trial, the lawyer said. A new woman has come forward to accuse Roman Polanski of sexually assaulting her when she was a young girl.
"Thanks for your greetings on India's Independence Day".
In a goodwill gesture, Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj said New Delhi will give medical visa for Pakistani patients whose requests were pending with the Indian government.
"On the auspicious occasion of India's Independence Day, we will grant medical visa in all bonafide cases pending with us", Swaraj tweeted, and tagged the Indian High Commission in Islamabad.
- Captain Marvel Movie Enlists New Screenwriter
- Google Allo is finally available on the web… sort of
- Don Sweeney In Email To Globe: 'Not Trading Pastrnak'
- 3 people killed when auto crashes into SUV in Medford, Long Island
- Tech companies urge Supreme Court to boost cellphone privacy
- Attentat de Ouagadougou, 15 morts
- Drake's Unprecedented Run on the Billboard Hot 100 Ends After 8 Years
- SWERY's next game The Good Life will be on Fig in September
- LLC Has $124000 Stake in Elbit Systems Ltd. (ESLT)
- The Witch Director Reteams with Anya Taylor-Joy for Nosferatu