Tilak Marapana, Minister of Development Assignments had been sworn in as the new Foreign Affairs Minister before the President today.
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on Tuesday appointed a new foreign minister, the president's office said, less than a week after the former minister resigned over corruption allegations.
Marapone, who was minister for law and order, was forced to resign over concerns that he will interfere in a probe on Avant Garde, a controversial security firm.
Marapona served as a government back bencher from 2015 until this years May when he was appointed the Special Assignments Minister.
Governor Abbott Signs Sunset Legislation
The Guttmacher Institute's Elizabeth Nash said the bill was unnecessary because "most women pay out of pocket already". It had been approved by the Texas House in a 95-51 vote last week and by the Texas Senate in a 20-10 vote on Sunday.
He replaces Ravi Karunanayake, who resigned on August 10.
Later, with the demise of Gamini Atukorale, he was also appointed the Minister of Highways, Transport and Civil Aviation.
Marapone was a former attorney general of Si Lanka.
Karunanayake was accused of occupying an apartment paid for by the firm linked to the Bond scam.
- Aaron Carter Makes Emotional Performance at Gay Bar in Tampa
- MoviePass drops monthly price of unlimited movies to just $10
- Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands
- Stifel Nicolaus Downgrades Rating On Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS)
- Hovnanian Enterprises Inc Sentiment Improves on Better Stock Potential
- 'I thought I'd last longer than a carton of milk'
- Your brain is why expensive wine tastes so good
- Aaron Carter's ex-girlfriend: 'I'm not homophobic'
- 3 people killed when auto crashes into SUV in Medford, Long Island
- Does Short Sleep Mean Higher T2D Risk for Kids?