Tilak Marapana, Minister of Development Assignments had been sworn in as the new Foreign Affairs Minister before the President today.
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on Tuesday appointed a new foreign minister, the president's office said, less than a week after the former minister resigned over corruption allegations.
Marapone, who was minister for law and order, was forced to resign over concerns that he will interfere in a probe on Avant Garde, a controversial security firm.
Marapona served as a government back bencher from 2015 until this years May when he was appointed the Special Assignments Minister.
Six new cases of West Nile Virus reported in Mississippi
Louis encephalitis , a virus spread by the same mosquito species that can transmit West Nile virus . State health officials say two MI horses have tested positive for West Nile Virus in the last week.
He replaces Ravi Karunanayake, who resigned on August 10.
Later, with the demise of Gamini Atukorale, he was also appointed the Minister of Highways, Transport and Civil Aviation.
Marapone was a former attorney general of Si Lanka.
Karunanayake was accused of occupying an apartment paid for by the firm linked to the Bond scam.
- Vandals deface Lincoln Memorial with expletive - here's what they wrote
- To launch or not? Either way, North Korea may gain
- 3 people killed when auto crashes into SUV in Medford, Long Island
- 'I thought I'd last longer than a carton of milk'
- Governor Abbott Signs Sunset Legislation
- Gylfi Sigurdsson off to Everton from Swansea City for £45 million
- MoviePass drops monthly price of unlimited movies to just $10
- I can't influence Coutinho's decision: Liverpool skipper Henderson
- Hovnanian Enterprises Inc Sentiment Improves on Better Stock Potential
- Aaron Carter's ex-girlfriend: 'I'm not homophobic'