Tilak Marapana, Minister of Development Assignments had been sworn in as the new Foreign Affairs Minister before the President today.
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena on Tuesday appointed a new foreign minister, the president's office said, less than a week after the former minister resigned over corruption allegations.
Marapone, who was minister for law and order, was forced to resign over concerns that he will interfere in a probe on Avant Garde, a controversial security firm.
Marapona served as a government back bencher from 2015 until this years May when he was appointed the Special Assignments Minister.
3 people killed when auto crashes into SUV in Medford, Long Island
Detectives ask anyone who may have witnessed this crash to call Fifth Squad Detectives at 631-854-8552. SCPD are investigating a two-car crash that killed three people in Medford on Monday, August 14.
He replaces Ravi Karunanayake, who resigned on August 10.
Later, with the demise of Gamini Atukorale, he was also appointed the Minister of Highways, Transport and Civil Aviation.
Marapone was a former attorney general of Si Lanka.
Karunanayake was accused of occupying an apartment paid for by the firm linked to the Bond scam.
- I can't influence Coutinho's decision: Liverpool skipper Henderson
- Does Short Sleep Mean Higher T2D Risk for Kids?
- Tillerson condemns ISIS 'genocide' of religious minorities
- John Franklin III leaving Auburn, will play final season as grad transfer
- Governor Hogan Says He Supports Removing Taney Statue From Statehouse
- Six new cases of West Nile Virus reported in Mississippi
- Stifel Nicolaus Downgrades Rating On Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS)
- 'I thought I'd last longer than a carton of milk'
- Why Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) Is Tanking Today
- Gylfi Sigurdsson off to Everton from Swansea City for £45 million