Samedi, 23 Juin 2018
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Palace wants killings in anti-drug raid in Bulacan probed

Palace wants killings in anti-drug raid in Bulacan probed

16 Août 2017

Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said the police's Internal Affairs Service would investigate the massive operations conducted in Bulacan to determine whether the drug personalities really offered resistance.

This is the highest number of drug users killed in a single day by police since President Rodrigo Duterte launched his anti-drug campaign past year.

Reports said 32 drug suspects were killed and more than a hundred were arrested after the police launched raids on several towns in Bulacan.

At the celebration of 19th founding anniversary of the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption held at the Malacanang Palace, Duterte said it was "good" that the drug offenders had been killed in the raid.

Camarat said that a total of 26 buy-bust operations were conducted with two search warrants served.

Caramat insisted the police had killed the suspects in self defence, adding that pistols and grenades had been seized in the raids.

"On our part, we know that we've done nothing wrong".

Archaeologists discover three ancient tombs in Egypt — BBCI
Ali AlBakry, head of the mission, explains that the three newly discovered tombs have different architectural designs than the previously discovered ones.

More than 2,000 other people have been killed in drug-related crimes and thousands more murdered in unexplained circumstances, according to police data.

Police have killed 3,450 people in similar drug raids since Duterte came to office in the middle of past year, according to government data.

Local and worldwide human rights groups claim more than 9,000 have died as a result of the drug war's alleged extrajudicial killings, which the government has denied.

President Duterte earlier vowed an unrelenting campaign against the illegal drug trade despite criticisms over the soaring death toll and alleged human rights abuses.

In his second State of the Nation Address on July 24, President Rodrigo Duterte said his all-out war against illegal drugs will continue.

Others who shot it out and were eventually killed during separate operations happened in Pulilan, Balagtas, San Miguel, Plaridel, Guiguinto, Norzagaray, Sta.

Palace wants killings in anti-drug raid in Bulacan probed