A former OH high school teacher accused of having a three-year affair with a student and having his child is facing felony charges.
She was arrested and charged last week after police were informed she had given birth in 2015 to the student's child.
The boy's father told WEWS that he first went to Buchtel High School officials and Tallmadge police about the teacher in 2012, when his son was a freshman. She reportedly convinced the mother that she could "mentor" the boy.
Pictured, Buchtel High School former OH teacher, Laura Lynn Cross and the teen boy she sexually coerced and fathered a child with her. Image via Facebook.
"It was a straight failure from the system, from the school and definitely from the police", said the teen's father, who only discovered he was a grandfather when a tipster called him in May.
Cross at one point was able to convince the boy's mother to let the boy move into her Tallmadge home as part of a court approved 'partial parental custody' arrangement because she was his 'mentor'.
The teenager's father contacted officers after being tipped off about the child.
Jaguars, Buccaneers Trade Blows In Multiple Fights During Joint Practice
Robinson is one of the most talented young wide receivers in the NFL. This most definitely isn't good news for Bortles and the Jaguars.
Cross resigned her teaching position in January, 2015.
The boy's father told of how Cross allegedly first began to groom his son by making requests to go "swimming in the pool" with the teen. 'To get aroused by a child basically you have to be a sick individual'.
Told the father, "I was told by the school that she had a 'hold" on him and he was not cooperating so basically they can't do nothing with it'.
A spokesperson for the Akron School System, which oversees Buchtel High School, says the district was unaware of the case until it was reported in the media. She allegedly carried out the relationship from August 1, 2013, through September 6, 2016.
Cross is charged with three felony counts of sexual battery.
Cross has been jailed, and her bond has been set at $100,000.
- Minneapolis to Make Play for Federation Internationale de Football Association 2026 World Cup
- Google Allo is finally available on the web… sort of
- Manchester 'homeless hero' charged with stealing credit card from bomb victim
- Le Burkina Faso de nouveau confronté au terrorisme
- CIO President Backs Out of Trump's Manufacturing Council
- Douglas County authorities investigating death of three people including three-year-old girl
- Pakistan, US economic, defence partners: Kh Asif
- ESPN Under Fire For Controversial Fantasy Football Auction Sketch
- Liverpool train in Hoffenheim ahead of UCL qualifier
- Attentat de Ouagadougou, 15 morts