A former OH high school teacher accused of having a three-year affair with a student and having his child is facing felony charges.
She was arrested and charged last week after police were informed she had given birth in 2015 to the student's child.
The boy's father told WEWS that he first went to Buchtel High School officials and Tallmadge police about the teacher in 2012, when his son was a freshman. She reportedly convinced the mother that she could "mentor" the boy.
Pictured, Buchtel High School former OH teacher, Laura Lynn Cross and the teen boy she sexually coerced and fathered a child with her. Image via Facebook.
"It was a straight failure from the system, from the school and definitely from the police", said the teen's father, who only discovered he was a grandfather when a tipster called him in May.
Cross at one point was able to convince the boy's mother to let the boy move into her Tallmadge home as part of a court approved 'partial parental custody' arrangement because she was his 'mentor'.
The teenager's father contacted officers after being tipped off about the child.
Minneapolis to Make Play for Federation Internationale de Football Association 2026 World Cup
The United Bid is one of two official bids for the 2026 World Cup, with Morocco also in the running. Other Canadian cities on the list include: Montreal , Ottawa , Regina , Toronto and Vancouver .
Cross resigned her teaching position in January, 2015.
The boy's father told of how Cross allegedly first began to groom his son by making requests to go "swimming in the pool" with the teen. 'To get aroused by a child basically you have to be a sick individual'.
Told the father, "I was told by the school that she had a 'hold" on him and he was not cooperating so basically they can't do nothing with it'.
A spokesperson for the Akron School System, which oversees Buchtel High School, says the district was unaware of the case until it was reported in the media. She allegedly carried out the relationship from August 1, 2013, through September 6, 2016.
Cross is charged with three felony counts of sexual battery.
Cross has been jailed, and her bond has been set at $100,000.
- Sushma helps Pak cancer patient to travel to India for treatment
- Drake's Unprecedented Run on the Billboard Hot 100 Ends After 8 Years
- Samsung to launch Gear Fit 2 Pro smartband with swim tracking
- CIO President Backs Out of Trump's Manufacturing Council
- Barcelona have lost with Neymar's departure - Busquets
- Attentat de Ouagadougou, 15 morts
- Natalie Cole's Only Son Passes Away At 39
- US Govt demands details of people who visited anti-Trump website
- Ce qu'aurait dit Messi à Neymar pour qu'il reste au Barça — PSG
- Le Burkina Faso de nouveau confronté au terrorisme