Eight bodies were taken Saturday to the Nairobi city morgue, a lot of them with gunshot wounds, from the protest-hit slums of Mathare, Kibera and Kawangware since Friday night, a senior police official told AFP on condition of anonymity.
Odinga who has lost three previous elections said the August 8 election was rigged and has refused to concede defeat after incumbent Uhuru Kenyatta was declared the victor with 54 percent of the vote against Odinga's 44 percent. He said peace, stability and prosperity depended on the political leaders of Kenya, adding that; "they should be careful with their rhetoric and actions in this tense atmosphere and I urged them to act responsibly". The National Super Alliance (NASA) coalition of Raila Odinga, who lost last two elections, claimed the election commission's systems were hacked.
A Kenyan human rights group says 24 people have been killed since the election.
Kegoro said the group has not received any formal communication from the NGO board.
The U.S. government has called on Kenyans to shun post-election violence following days of mostly empty streets after the conclusion of the general elections on August 8.
Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein said Tuesday that the government has the responsibility to ensure that security forces exercise restraint.
Maria Sharapova Given Wild-Card Invitation to 2017 US Open
The US Open has included former champion Maria Sharapova in its list of main draw wildcards announced by the USTA on Tuesday. Kenin, 18, of Pembroke Pines, Fla., ranked a career-high No. 141, won the 2017 US Open Wild Card Challenge.
At least eleven people are believed to have been killed by police in a violent clash in Kenya.
"There is not a single Kenyan anywhere who wants to continue to see violence, looting and demonstrations that end up destroying properties", he said, striking the same conciliatory tone he used when accepting victory on Friday.
United States President Donald Trump has congratulated Kenya's president on his re-election and the country for conducting "a peaceful, fair, and transparent contest".
The official results gave President Kenyatta about 54% of the vote, and Mr Odinga 45%.
The Kenya Red Cross said on Saturday it had treated 93 injured people. Kenya police claim that 10 people have been killed and said almost all were committing crimes.
- Woman says she bit into dead rodent at Pennsylvania Chick-fil-A
- Emmanuel et Brigitte Macron sont en vacances à Marseille
- GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest
- Après la Corée du Nord, Donald Trump menace le Venezuela — International
- Virat Kohli Tells Why Independence Day is Extra Special for Him
- Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands
- Why Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) Is Tanking Today
- Une porte de sortie en Ligue 1 pour Sarr — Mercato OM
- Aaron Carter Makes Emotional Performance at Gay Bar in Tampa
- Indian Hackers Deface 500 Pakistani Websites, Post Pro-India Content