Franklin, who played off and on for the Tigers for just one season, made the transition from backup quarterback to wide receiver following the 2016 season, which ended in defeat for the Tigers at the hands of the Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.
"Transferring is a tough process and to be bouncing around from school to school, that's the last thing I wanted to do, to be honest", Franklin said after receiving his Bachelor's degree on August 5. This is my third school and trying to make it a fourth?
A few hours later, Franklin announced on his Instagram page that he will play his final season at Florida Atlantic, where he will play wide receiver. "I feel like I advanced a lot from the spring and you know, there's always room for improvement".
Franklin began his career at Florida State, left for East Mississippi CC, signed with Auburn and now is moving on again. He accepted and wanted to play quarterback originally, but Sean White beat him out for the job.
To launch or not? Either way, North Korea may gain
He later added that the USA would "take it out" if the missile was determined to be headed for any United States territory. China's Global Times newspaper, a state-run tabloid, was scathing of South Korea's decision to proceed with the drills.
"Transferring is a tough process and to be bouncing around from school to school, that's the last thing I wanted to do, to be honest", Franklin said after receiving his Bachelor's degree on August 5.
Lack of consistency and the occasional bad attitude kept Franklin III off the field for much of the first season of "Last Chance U". His decision to transfer ends a tumultuous year-and-a-half on the Plains, during which he was lobbied for by many to be Auburn's starting quarterback while also being criticized by others for how he was portrayed on "Last Chance U."
Last season, Franklin completed 14 of 26 passes for 204 yards while rushing for 430 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Now, he's looking for a fourth and final chance. Playing time as a receiver at a FBS school, though, seems attainable.
- Governor Hogan Says He Supports Removing Taney Statue From Statehouse
- MoviePass drops monthly price of unlimited movies to just $10
- Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands
- Captain Marvel Movie Enlists New Screenwriter
- Governor Abbott Signs Sunset Legislation
- Gylfi Sigurdsson off to Everton from Swansea City for £45 million
- Mars to acquire majority stake in Asian food brand Tasty Bite
- Does Short Sleep Mean Higher T2D Risk for Kids?
- Premier League Clubs to Discuss Ending Transfer Window Before Start of Season
- Kenya protest: Violence follows re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta