President Donald Trump offered Hope Hicks the White House communication director role and she has accepted the position, according to a White House insider, although it is reportedly on an interim basis.
Photo Hope Hicks, center, will serve as interim director of communications at the White House, according to an administration official.
However temporary it is, it was the latest reshuffling in the White House and comes at a time when the president's remarks on white supremacistswere drawing fire from Democrats and Republicans. She has been serving on the press team in more of a behind-the-scenes role as the director of strategic communications.
Hicks will fill the vacancy created after Anthony Scaramucci was sacked just 10 days into the job.
What Snap and Blue Apron Have in Common
The company reported ($0.47) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.26) by $0.21. The company had revenue of $238.10 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $235.78 million.
She joined Trump's then-underdog presidential campaign in 2015. John Kelly, the new White House chief of staff who was brought in recently to impose order in the White House, watched, grim faced and arms folded, as the news conference unfolded. She will work with White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders until a permanent communications director is named.
Hicks has been in the Trump orbit since her early 20's, first working for a PR firm and its client Ivanka Trump and later joining the Trump Organization.
- Hausse des ventes de cigarettes malgré le paquet neutre — Tabac
- Sri Lanka approves Pakistan tour
- Apple Has $1 Billion To Spend on Content
- Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo may land 12-match ban after referee shove
- Pourquoi l'autocollant Jiftip n'est pas un bon moyen de contraception — Sexe
- Stoke sign Jesé and take swipe at Arnautovic
- North Korea sets targets on Guam, but waits for US
- Dilip Kumar's "Mooh Bola Beta", SRK Pays Him A Visit
- Deux ministres séjournent chez... un ancien trafiquant de drogue — Corse
- ShadowPad: Backdoor in enterprise server software exposed