"Firefighters have been called to an incident this morning involving an aircraft hangar", a spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue said, as quoted by the Echo newspaper. The fire is nearly out.
The fire brigade was called to the incident near the terminal at 10.42am local time.
An Essex Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "When firefighters arrived at the scene they reported the large hangar, which is used to livery aeroplanes, was on fire."Six fire engines were requested to help tackle the fire. Firefighters are using a aerial ladder platform to pour water on the building from above".
Although some media reports suggested there had been an explosion at London Southend Airport, this remains unconfirmed. The officer in charge at the incident reports crews are making good progress'.
Firefighters battle blaze at London Southend Airport
A statement from the airport said: "Essex County Fire and Rescue Service is now dealing with an incident at the Air Livery hanger on the north side of the airfield".
A total of eight crews have been sent to the scene from Southend, Rayleigh, Rochford, Shoeburyness, Hawkwell and Chelmsford.
No delays have yet been reported from any airline and the airport is open and operating as normal.
Trump Criticizes Amazon For Putting Retailers Out Of Business
Amazon does offer a state sales tax collection feature to "third-party" sellers, according to The Wall Street Journal. Many traditional retailers are closing stores and blaming Amazon for a shift to buying goods online.
- Pourquoi l'autocollant Jiftip n'est pas un bon moyen de contraception — Sexe
- Hausse des ventes de cigarettes malgré le paquet neutre — Tabac
- Deux ministres séjournent chez... un ancien trafiquant de drogue — Corse
- L'argent ou Alexis Sanchez, Wenger a fait son choix — Arsenal
- Sonic Mania Has An Irritating Home Button Bug On Switch
- Aaron Rodgers, soccer player Marie Margolius reportedly went on date
- Is Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Coming to Xbox One?
- ShadowPad: Backdoor in enterprise server software exposed
- Wellington Management Group LLP Sells 34553 Shares of Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT)
- Own goal seals Liverpool win at Hoffenheim