The agency thus confirmed its preliminary estimate released on August 1.
The latest flash estimate published by the European Statistics Office, Eurostat, on Wednesday showed 0.6 percent growth also for the wider 28-nation European Union.
Gross domestic product grew 0.6 percent quarter-on-quarter, slightly faster than the 0.5 percent increase seen in the first quarter.
Year-on-year, seasonally adjusted GDP rose by 2.2 percent in the euro area and by 2.3 percent in the EU28 in the second quarter, after 1.9 percent and 2.1 percent growth respectively in the previous quarter.
The German 10-year bond yields, which moves inversely to its price, jumped almost 4 basis points to 0.46 percent, the yield on 30-year note also surged 4 basis points to 1.21 percent and the yield on short-term 2-year traded 2 basis points higher at -0.68 percent by 09:50GMT.
Dix-huit morts après l'attaque "terroriste" dans un café à Ouagadougou
Cette attaque avait fait 30 morts et 71 blessés, en majorité des étrangers. Les corps de trois victimes n'ont, pour l'instant, pas été identifiés.
The French economy grew at a steady pace of 0.5% driven by domestic spending and exports in the second quarter.
There was no breakdown on the growth components, but many individual European economies that have reported GDP data in recent days have remarked on strong domestic demand.
The push for end to quantitative easing could resurface at the remaining policy meetings this year.
Equity markets were performing more robustly, however, and the EuroStoxx 50 index rose 0.9%.
- Hope Hicks to Serve as Interim White House Communications Director
- "Il faut rendre opérationnelle" la force G5 Sahel, déclare Alpha Condé — Burkina
- Une preuve que Coutinho va partir — Liverpool
- Firefighters battle blaze at London Southend Airport
- Palace wants killings in anti-drug raid in Bulacan probed
- Woodside Petroleum net profit rose 49%
- Australian terrorist Khaled Sharrouf and sons believed killed in Syria
- Rahul opens Indira Canteens in Bengaluru
- WWE Smackdown: Baron Corbin cashes in his Money in the Bank contract
- ShadowPad: Backdoor in enterprise server software exposed