NHL Network analyst Brian Lawton caused a stir over the weekend by stating he "would not be surprised" if Boston made a decision to part with its high-scoring winger rather than continue trudging through sluggish contract negotiations. This rumor prompted swift, incredulous reactions from local beat writers, who assured Bruins fans that a trade would not happen.
Twenty one years old and brimming with enormous talent, David Pastrnak checks off all the important boxes as a historically certifiable trade chip for the Boston Bruins. He was good for 70 points in 75 games, surpassing the 30-goal mark and looking like he's only primed to get better.
So while there's no trade forthcoming, escaping the holding pattern the two sides are in doesn't seem imminent, either.
Pastrnak's agent J.P. Barry also responded to the Globe's request for comment: "The negotiations between myself and Don have been very open and both sides understand each other's positions. Hopefully we can agree on an overall structure that is amenable to both sides in the next month".
Captain Marvel Movie Enlists New Screenwriter
Captain Marvel is set to hit theaters on March 8, 2019 and will begin production next year in Los Angeles, California. Jackson as Nick Fury, who will instead have both of his eyes in the feature because it will be set in the early '90s.
With multiple top young players dealt out of the system in the last five years, rumors began to circulate that the delayed extension was potentially a sign of an impending deal for the Czech forward.
Bruins training camp does not begin until September 14. And even if the two sides can't reach an agreement, Pastrnak's only options would be to sit out the National Hockey League season and/or make much less money to play in the KHL.
Sweeney seems confident that the Bruins and Pastrnak will, at least, agree to a short-term "bridge deal" if not a long-term extension before the start of the season on October 5.
- Kenya protest: Violence follows re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta
- Hovnanian Enterprises Inc Sentiment Improves on Better Stock Potential
- John Franklin III leaving Auburn, will play final season as grad transfer
- Gylfi Sigurdsson off to Everton from Swansea City for £45 million
- Johnny Depp to Produce TV Adaptation of The Secret World
- Vandals deface Lincoln Memorial with expletive - here's what they wrote
- Stifel Nicolaus Downgrades Rating On Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS)
- Why Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) Is Tanking Today
- Rail commuters brace for biggest increase in fares in five years
- Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands