Religious freedom is under attack in Pakistan where minorities like Sikhs, Christians and Hindus remained concerned over government's "inadequate" action to address forced conversions to Islam.
The jihadist terror group Islamic State is engaged in a policy of genocide against Christians and other religious minorities in the areas it controls in the Middle East, according the State Department's latest annual assessment of the state of religious freedom around the world.
The Islamic State's targeting of religious minorities in the territory it controls is one of the biggest threats to worldwide religious freedom, the U.S. Department of State noted in an annual report.
The US's top diplomat said Bahrain and Saudi Arabia "must" stop discriminating against their Shia community.
Bahais, Christians, and others minorities are persecuted for their faith In Iran, Tillerson charged, adding that the Islamic Republic "sentences people to death on vague apostasy laws".
Ferri, la mise au point d'Aulas — Lyon
Par contre, le président lyonnais serait ouvert à un transfert sec pour un joueur encore sous contrat jusqu'en 2020. Reste désormais à savoir si Toulouse aura les moyens financiers pour recruter Ferri de manière définitive.
He made the remarks while presenting the International Religious Freedom Report for 2016.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson similarly decried the terrorist group noting its genocide of minorities as of one of "the more egregious and troubling examples". The report to Congress is part of America's push to "promote religious freedom as a moral imperative", the State Department said in a statement.
Under Saudi Arabia's laws, Sunni Islam is the country's state religion and all the citizens should be Muslims.
However, Muslim-American groups have accused the Trump administration of stoking hate and fear of Muslims inside the US. Both the original ban and the updated order issued in March were blocked by federal judges, but the US Supreme Court allowed a limited version of it to go into effect pending a hearing in October.
- Missing Alabama Woman Found Alive in the Woods
- Maria Sharapova Given Wild-Card Invitation to 2017 US Open
- Après la Corée du Nord, Donald Trump menace le Venezuela — International
- GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest
- Charlottesville : Trump condamne finalement le racisme des suprémacistes blancs
- Woman says she bit into dead rodent at Pennsylvania Chick-fil-A
- Une porte de sortie en Ligue 1 pour Sarr — Mercato OM
- Insiders Say Apple Watch Series 3 Will Have Cellular Connectivity
- Mars buys stake in Preferred Brands
- Indian Hackers Deface 500 Pakistani Websites, Post Pro-India Content