Units with the California Highway Patrol were also in the area assisting Caltrans. Authorities announced that he was captured around 5:15 p.m. but have not disclosed any further details.
Authorities in Northern California say they have arrested a man suspected of opening fire on highway workers and officers assisting them.
The Lake County Sheriff's Department says officials with six law enforcement agencies are searching on the ground and by air for 43-year-old Joshua Caleb Brown of Kelseyville. The CHP officers and Caltrans workers were confronted by Brown who had come out of a residence in the area. Shortly after a Sheriff's unit arrived on scene the male subject fired another shot towards the officer's direction. At approximately 10:52 a.m. he fired two additional shots at a State Parks Officer who was at a neighboring residence assisting with a perimeter. The suspect fled on foot in the area which consists of brush and trees. "We don't have his location pinned down", said Lake County Sheriff Brian Martin, describing an extensive effort underway in an area around Highway 29 and Cole Creek Road. Officers from the California Highway Patrol, Lakeport Police Department, Clearlake Police Department, Lake County D.A.'s Office, Mendocino County Sheriff's Office, and Sonoma County Sheriff's Office responded to assist.
Police standoff with gunman prompts shelter-in-place in Lake County
Traffic is being rerouted from Highway 29 to Soda Bay Road, along Clear Lake.
The shooting happened at around 10:30 a.m. between Cruickshank Road and Cole Creek Road on Hwy 29.
Discord Shuts down Servers and Accounts Linked to White Supremacists
VentureBeat has reached out to Discord regarding specifics on servers or accounts removed from the service. Violence broke out when pro-Confederacy protesters clashed with counter-protesters.
- Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Have Picture-Perfect Date Night
- United Kingdom may seek temporary customs union after Brexit
- Kentucky mayor says he wants Confederate monuments gone
- Jaguars Hold Fournette Out of Practice, Lee Gets Carted Off Field
- Thousands marched in solidarity with Charlottesville this weekend-take a look
- Lucie's Tim Tebow hit in head by pitch, stays in game
- Amazon recalls solar eclipse glasses week before event
- Under pressure, Trump calls neo-Nazis and KKK criminals
- Greencoat UK Wind Acquires Wind Farms For GBP105.0 Million
- India's Probable XI For The ODI Series Against Sri Lanka