Units with the California Highway Patrol were also in the area assisting Caltrans. Authorities announced that he was captured around 5:15 p.m. but have not disclosed any further details.
Authorities in Northern California say they have arrested a man suspected of opening fire on highway workers and officers assisting them.
The Lake County Sheriff's Department says officials with six law enforcement agencies are searching on the ground and by air for 43-year-old Joshua Caleb Brown of Kelseyville. The CHP officers and Caltrans workers were confronted by Brown who had come out of a residence in the area. Shortly after a Sheriff's unit arrived on scene the male subject fired another shot towards the officer's direction. At approximately 10:52 a.m. he fired two additional shots at a State Parks Officer who was at a neighboring residence assisting with a perimeter. The suspect fled on foot in the area which consists of brush and trees. "We don't have his location pinned down", said Lake County Sheriff Brian Martin, describing an extensive effort underway in an area around Highway 29 and Cole Creek Road. Officers from the California Highway Patrol, Lakeport Police Department, Clearlake Police Department, Lake County D.A.'s Office, Mendocino County Sheriff's Office, and Sonoma County Sheriff's Office responded to assist.
Gunfire in Kelseyville brings large law enforcement response sArtHead = "Gunfire in Kelseyville brings large law enforcement response"
Traffic is being rerouted from Highway 29 to Soda Bay Road, along Clear Lake.
The shooting happened at around 10:30 a.m. between Cruickshank Road and Cole Creek Road on Hwy 29.
President Trump Denounces The Violence In Charlottesville
His chief strategist, Steve Bannon , once declared that his former news site, Breitbart, was "the platform for the alt-right". Cory Gardner, R-Colo. said on NBC Sunday that "This isn't a time for innuendo or to allow room to be read between the lines".
- Korean PC bangs accuse Blizzard of anti-trust breach over StarCraft: Remastered
- James Alex Fields, Alleged Charlottesville Attacker, Appears In Court
- Markets slide, dollar slumps as North Korea fears spike
- S Korea President Moon urges calm on North, says war unthinkable
- Redmi Note 4 users can now taste the latest Android Nougat OS
- Chrissy Teigen & John Legend Have Picture-Perfect Date Night
- Jaguars Hold Fournette Out of Practice, Lee Gets Carted Off Field
- Discord Shuts down Servers and Accounts Linked to White Supremacists
- Lucie's Tim Tebow hit in head by pitch, stays in game
- Charlottesville Attack: What We Know About James Alex Fields Jr