At 5 a.m., the center of Tropical Depression No. 8 was located about 310 miles north-northeast of the southern Bahamas.
This storm will likely become Tropical Storm Gert by Sunday night or early Monday.
Meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center have their eyes on two disturbances in the Atlantic, one of which is situated just off the east coast of Florida. It is now moving north-northwest at 13 miles per hour.
Gradual strengthening is forecast during the next 48 hours, and the depression is expected to become a Tropical Storm later Sunday.
Bain de foule pour Pierre-Ambroise Bosse à son retour à Paris
Et tant pis pour la facture, l'athlète nantais a lui-même commandé les boissons avant de les apporter à ses convives d'une soirée. Samedi, Pierre-Ambroise Bosse est rentré en France depuis Londres, où il est devenu champion du monde du 800 mètres.
The storm is expected to continue to track to the north-northwest today - and toward the U.S. East Coast.
Meanwhile, the NHC has started tracking a recently emerged low pressure area off the west coast of Africa with a slight, 20 percent probability of becoming the Atlantic's next tropical cyclone in the next five days.
Check back with us at weather.com for the latest on this, and everything in the tropics this hurricane season. It is not expected to develop into a hurricane, as conditions will not be conducive for such development, AccuWeather reports.
- Secretary Mattis says USA is 'ready' to counter North Korean threat
- Jerusalem Light Rail Security Guard Wounded in Palestinian Terrorist Stabbing Spree
- American Tourist In Germany Does Nazi Salute, Gets Beaten Up
- Le naufrage d'un sous-marin artisanal cache-t-il un meurtre — Danemark
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Donald Trump to launch investigation into China trade violations
- Burnley 3-2 Chelsea: Reigning Premier League champs shocked in opening game
- Luxoft Holding (LXFT) Given Daily Media Impact Rating of 0.12
- BinckBank Tour: Dumoulin vainqueur final
- Ben Davies finishes off lovely Tottenham team move against Newcastle