Midland County Public Libraries have scheduled a Solar Eclipse Safe Viewing Seminar with local astronomer Daryl Lane from 5 p.m.to 6 p.m. August 14 at the Centennial Library, 2503 W. Loop 250 N., Midland.
This time, the path of total eclipse will be about 70 miles wide and begins in OR on the west coast and travels to SC on the east coast, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) reports on its eclipse website, eclipse2017.nasa.gov.
Science Central's gift shop is selling solar eclipse viewing cards for $1.99 each to the public and for $1 each for Science Central members.
Safe eclipse glasses should be stamped with a label indicating they meet the worldwide "ISO 12312-2" standard - although Fienberg said counterfeiters have also started to print that on fake glasses. However, these locations are not certified by NASA and the American Astronomical Society. The Bravas and Ragin' Cajun food trucks also will be parked nearby so people can enjoy food while they watch.
UK Expected To Unveil Post-Brexit NI Border Plan This Week
The EU has warned that an already-tight timetable could be delayed ahead of a scheduled March 2019 exit. This week we're expecting to find out the UK Government's position on the border.
If you're buying eclipse glasses, you'll also want to be sure they're not cheap knock-offs, Fienberg said.
Eclipse watchers in the 60 to 70-mile wide "path of totality" that will cut through much of the middle US could briefly look directly at the eclipse without protection when the moon fully covers the sun. Turn away from the sun before removing the solar filter. "Also, never look at the uneclipsed or partially eclipsed sun through an unfiltered camera, telescope or binoculars, even if you are wearing eclipse glasses or holding solar filters". Those optical devices concentrate the solar rays, damaging your eclipse glasses or viewer and seriously injuring your eyes.
Chesterfield resident Carolyn Vokoun got a similar email from Amazon confirming the suspicions she had about the glasses she purchased.
- Weather forecast: Storms to shift inland Sunday
- Alexis Sanchez Out of Arsenal's EPL Opener Due to Abdominal Strain
- Le naufrage d'un sous-marin artisanal cache-t-il un meurtre — Danemark
- Mbappé sur le banc contre Dijon — Monaco
- Daesh Claims Responsibility for Killing 2 US Soldiers in Iraq
- Ultrapar Participacoes SA (UGP) Declares $0.27 Dividend
- Scaramucci on Trump Charlottesville statement: The president "needed to be much harsher"
- Taylor Swift assault case: Judge throws out DJ's lawsuit
- Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely
- Arsenal vs Leicester City: Wenger reveals secret of comeback win