Midland County Public Libraries have scheduled a Solar Eclipse Safe Viewing Seminar with local astronomer Daryl Lane from 5 p.m.to 6 p.m. August 14 at the Centennial Library, 2503 W. Loop 250 N., Midland.
This time, the path of total eclipse will be about 70 miles wide and begins in OR on the west coast and travels to SC on the east coast, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) reports on its eclipse website, eclipse2017.nasa.gov.
Science Central's gift shop is selling solar eclipse viewing cards for $1.99 each to the public and for $1 each for Science Central members.
Safe eclipse glasses should be stamped with a label indicating they meet the worldwide "ISO 12312-2" standard - although Fienberg said counterfeiters have also started to print that on fake glasses. However, these locations are not certified by NASA and the American Astronomical Society. The Bravas and Ragin' Cajun food trucks also will be parked nearby so people can enjoy food while they watch.
North Korea vows harsh retaliation against new United Nations sanctions
North Korea also claimed "no other country in the world was more transparent" about the development of their nuclear weapons. Last month, North Korea tested two ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States.
If you're buying eclipse glasses, you'll also want to be sure they're not cheap knock-offs, Fienberg said.
Eclipse watchers in the 60 to 70-mile wide "path of totality" that will cut through much of the middle US could briefly look directly at the eclipse without protection when the moon fully covers the sun. Turn away from the sun before removing the solar filter. "Also, never look at the uneclipsed or partially eclipsed sun through an unfiltered camera, telescope or binoculars, even if you are wearing eclipse glasses or holding solar filters". Those optical devices concentrate the solar rays, damaging your eclipse glasses or viewer and seriously injuring your eyes.
Chesterfield resident Carolyn Vokoun got a similar email from Amazon confirming the suspicions she had about the glasses she purchased.
- Le naufrage d'un sous-marin artisanal cache-t-il un meurtre — Danemark
- Arsenal vs Leicester City: Wenger reveals secret of comeback win
- Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely
- Justin Bieber Allegedly Rejected By Gym Employee!
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- Indian ODI squad to face Sri Lanka announced
- Sanctions on North Korea Not Enough — WashPost
- Darjeeling unrest: Rajnath Singh invites GJM for talks today
- Daesh Claims Responsibility for Killing 2 US Soldiers in Iraq
- Mbappé sur le banc contre Dijon — Monaco