President Donald Trump says there's "no place" in the United States for the kind of violence that's broken out at a white nationalist rally in Virginia. The alt-right protest was also declared as an unlawful assembly.
James Alex Fields Jr., who is now in police custody, allegedly plowed into a crowd of people peacefully protesting the white nationalist rally Saturday in a Virginia college town, killing a 32-year-old woman, hurting dozens more and ratcheting up tension. One person has died.
There were several hundred protesters marching in a long line when the vehicle drove into a group of them.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the violence, "strikes at the heart of American law and justice".
Military Action Against North Korea Should Not Be an Option - US Congresswoman
US Defence Secretary James Mattis has said America still hopes to solve the North Korea crisis using diplomacy. Pyongyang on Thursday announced it was finalising a plan to fire four missiles near the USA territory of Guam.
"Sometimes, there are people trying to sound self-righteous when really, the president made it extremely clear - all of us condemn this horrifying tragedy", Franks said.
Charlottesville was under a state of emergency at the time of the incident after a day of unrest after white nationalists protested the removal of a statue of Confederate leader Robert E. Lee.
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides... on many sides". He said they did a poor job controlling the chaos to allow free speech.
The violence in Charlottesville - a liberal college town - is a stark demonstration of the growing political divide in the USA, which has intensified since President Trump's election a year ago.
"We agreed that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now".
- " "Meunier lâche un " scoop " sur Aurier — PSG
- I want to return but
- Photronics, Inc. (PLAB) Given Average Recommendation of "Hold" by Brokerages
- Ivanka Trump said the things her father wouldn't on Charlottesville
- Monsoon floods, landslides in Nepal, India kill around 70
- Avec le même onze à Strasbourg — Lille
- Luxoft Holding (LXFT) Given Daily Media Impact Rating of 0.12
- Anthony Scaramucci: Trump Should Have Been 'Much Harsher' On White Supremacists
- Presenter Kirsty Gallacher was arrested over the weekend
- Bain de foule pour Pierre-Ambroise Bosse à son retour à Paris