President Donald Trump says there's "no place" in the United States for the kind of violence that's broken out at a white nationalist rally in Virginia. The alt-right protest was also declared as an unlawful assembly.
James Alex Fields Jr., who is now in police custody, allegedly plowed into a crowd of people peacefully protesting the white nationalist rally Saturday in a Virginia college town, killing a 32-year-old woman, hurting dozens more and ratcheting up tension. One person has died.
There were several hundred protesters marching in a long line when the vehicle drove into a group of them.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the violence, "strikes at the heart of American law and justice".
Alexis Sanchez Out of Arsenal's EPL Opener Due to Abdominal Strain
Arsenal had seen nearly 75% of the ball in the first 20 minutes and Welbeck had Arsenal's best chance since Lacazette's opener. The post Premier League Opener: Arsenal Edge City In Seven-Goal Thriller appeared first on Channels Television .
"Sometimes, there are people trying to sound self-righteous when really, the president made it extremely clear - all of us condemn this horrifying tragedy", Franks said.
Charlottesville was under a state of emergency at the time of the incident after a day of unrest after white nationalists protested the removal of a statue of Confederate leader Robert E. Lee.
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides... on many sides". He said they did a poor job controlling the chaos to allow free speech.
The violence in Charlottesville - a liberal college town - is a stark demonstration of the growing political divide in the USA, which has intensified since President Trump's election a year ago.
"We agreed that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now".
- Military Action Against North Korea Should Not Be an Option - US Congresswoman
- " "Meunier lâche un " scoop " sur Aurier — PSG
- Burnley 3-2 Chelsea: Reigning Premier League champs shocked in opening game
- Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
- Gold surges as United States and North Korea ratchet up nuclear tensions
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- UK Expected To Unveil Post-Brexit NI Border Plan This Week
- Jerusalem Light Rail Security Guard Wounded in Palestinian Terrorist Stabbing Spree
- Weather forecast: Storms to shift inland Sunday
- American Tourist In Germany Does Nazi Salute, Gets Beaten Up