A judge informed the 28-year-old that she is unable to leave the state of California with her infant son as the dispute wages on after McKeague filed custody documents in Los Angeles, where Azarenka has a residence.
TMZ reported on Friday that the Belorussian star, who split with former golf professional Billy McKeague in July, will skip the grand slam at Flushing Meadows later this month.
She took her son Leo to the tournament, where McKeague looked after the child, but a judge has forbidden her from taking him to NY when the US Open kicks off on August 28.
Trump on North Korea; Google scandal; Trouble at Snap
US crude rose 0.43 percent to $48.80 per barrel and Brent was last at $52.01, up 0.21 percent on the day. Appetite for haven assets continued to support gold, which rose 0.2% Friday to $1,293 a troy ounce.
The lawyer also said that Victoria Azarenka offered to buy a plane ticket for McKeague and put him up in a hotel for the two-week US Open but the judge said no.
Azarenka told the judge she would pay the father's expenses to travel to tournaments if she could take her son, but the judge said no. Azarenka also told the judge she has a valid custody order from Belarus, but the judge won't defer to the Belarus court.
After a layoff for her son's birth, Azarenka reached the round of 16 at Wimbledon last month before losing to second-ranked Simona Halep.
- London 2017: Farah fails to win 5000m gold, settles for silver
- Di Maria, successeur annoncé de Neymar au Barça
- Trump speaks with Guam governor amid North Korea threat
- New info on Destiny 2 in the new issue of EDGE Magazine
- Perseid meteor shower will light up the sky
- North Korea Displaces S. China Sea on ASEAN Agenda
- Derek Jeter's Group Buying Marlins For $1.2 Billion
- Jamaica & GB through to relay final
- Helicopter Crash Kills Two in Albemarle County
- " "Le gouvernement néerlandais reconnaît " des erreurs " — Oeufs contaminés