The UN envoy arrived in Tehran on Saturday morning, and is also going to hold a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Besides, Hossein Jaberi Ansari, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs, said on Saturday that Iran supports all the efforts by the United Nations to put an end to the war in the crisis-hit Yemen.
The Iranian diplomat, for his part, expressed concern over the serious humanitarian crisis in Yemen, and voiced Tehran's support for the UN's efforts to end the war and crisis in the Arab country.
The Iranian foreign minister and United Nations envoy for Yemen have stressed the importance of finding comprehensive political solutions to end the humanitarian crisis in the impoverished war-torn Arab country.
OM : Garcia commente la rumeur Milik
Il a exceptionnellement démarré avec Naples (4 buts en 7 matchs de Série A, ndlr) avant de se blesser. Cette piste est-elle la fin d'un feuilleton à l'OM? Le profil d'Arkadiusz Milik l'intéresse.
During the meeting, the United Nations envoy briefed Jaberi Ansari on the latest humanitarian situation in Yemen and his recent consultations aimed at reactivating efforts to resolve the crisis in a political way.
Yemen has been facing war by a Saudi-led coalition since March 2015.
UN-brokered talks between Yemen's warring sides have also failed to end the conflict so far.
- Chelsea cool interest in England global after seeing £15M bid turned down
- Ocampos libère les marseillais à la 87e minute — OM
- Wall Street Stages Recovery, but North Korea Keeps Rally From Takeoff
- Inmovilizan en España 20 mil huevos contaminados
- Sanchez out of Arsenal's league opener
- L'athlétisme et Fort Boyard placent France Télévisions en tête
- Anna Paquin responds to BBC's viral clip
- Iran's parliament votes to increase missile funds following United States sanctions
- Emmanuel et Brigitte Macron en vacances à Marseille
- Rogers Cup: Roger Federer beats Robin Haase in Montreal semi-finals