The UN envoy arrived in Tehran on Saturday morning, and is also going to hold a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Besides, Hossein Jaberi Ansari, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs, said on Saturday that Iran supports all the efforts by the United Nations to put an end to the war in the crisis-hit Yemen.
The Iranian diplomat, for his part, expressed concern over the serious humanitarian crisis in Yemen, and voiced Tehran's support for the UN's efforts to end the war and crisis in the Arab country.
The Iranian foreign minister and United Nations envoy for Yemen have stressed the importance of finding comprehensive political solutions to end the humanitarian crisis in the impoverished war-torn Arab country.
Wall Street Stages Recovery, but North Korea Keeps Rally From Takeoff
After a dip of as much as 0.52 percent earlier in the day, Wall Street's three major indexes bounced off intraday lows. It is now on track for its biggest weekly drop since the week before the November 8 USA presidential election.
During the meeting, the United Nations envoy briefed Jaberi Ansari on the latest humanitarian situation in Yemen and his recent consultations aimed at reactivating efforts to resolve the crisis in a political way.
Yemen has been facing war by a Saudi-led coalition since March 2015.
UN-brokered talks between Yemen's warring sides have also failed to end the conflict so far.
- The Term 'Eclipse' Gets Another Moment in the Sun
- Can A New War Finally Kill the Bull Market?
- Game of Thrones season 7: 3 questions 'Eastwatch' should answer
- EPL: Arsenal in a insane match we beat Leicester
- Chelsea cool interest in England global after seeing £15M bid turned down
- Emmanuel et Brigitte Macron en vacances à Marseille
- OM : Garcia commente la rumeur Milik
- Beijing accuses Tokyo of meddling in South China Sea issue
- Ocampos libère les marseillais à la 87e minute — OM
- Anna Paquin responds to BBC's viral clip