Environment Canada has confirmed that a tornado ripped through the Leamington and Wheatley-area Friday night.
"Farm buildings and sheds were damaged with one anchored shed completely destroyed. Farm equipment weighing over a ton was knocked over including a fork lift, a metal press and a grain drill", the agency said, adding that maximum winds were estimated as 180 km/h.
EC says as the storms moved through lower MI across Essex County and reached Leamington near 5.40 PM, photographs taken at that time support the confirmation of an EF-0 tornado with maximum winds of 130 km/h.
He says that the extent of the damage suggests the weather in Hawkesville was more serious than that in Leamington.
The track is estimated at about 5 kilometres.
Alexis Sanchez out for ´a while´, confirms Wenger
I have had no contact at all with PSG. " Alexis Sanchez is out for a while", Wenger said during a press conference on Wednesday. He missed the Community Shield victory over Chelsea with flu and now Wenger has said he is out with an abdominal strain.
"That looks like a tornado to me", said Rob Kuhn, a severe weather meteorologist with Environment Canada, of photos snapped by residents. "Power lines were snapped".
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported from either tornado.
"There's a mess of glass everywhere", Epp said.
The confirmed tornadoes brings the count to nine in southwestern Ontario so far this year.
He said the region typically sees about 14 tornadoes in a year.
- Loeb Partners Corp Lowers Stake in Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (ESRT)
- Liberty Media Corporation - Ser (NASDAQ:FWONK) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Dutchman Haase tops Schwartzman to reach Rogers Cup semifinals
- No Excuses for Jared Goff after Sammy Watkins Trade
- S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow Fell Lower on August 10 amid Global Tensions
- Florida school offers front of the lunch line passes for $100
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump with opening monologue on The Late Show
- Des contrôles sanitaires dans les élevages de poules du Bas-Rhin — Fipronil
- Olympics: LA approves host city contract for 2028 Games
- Beijing Outraged as US Destroyer Approaches Disputed South China Sea Island