Australian songwriter, comedian and musician, Tim Minchin, has used a classic tune to take down the government's postal plebiscite.
This morning, Minchin published "a heartfelt song to my homeland, recorded last night on my iPhone".
Titled "I Still Call Australia Homophobic", Minchin's song is a parody of Peter Allen's iconic "I Still Call Australia Home" and pretty perfectly summarises much of the rage and confusion people are feeling at the moment.
"Some day we'll all be together once more, when they do their bloody jobs, and just change the f.ing law". Then Carrie can marry Sally, Ben can bum Tone in the marriage bed in their Aussie home.
ING Groep NV Takes Position in Dril-Quip, Inc. (DRQ)
Dril-Quip (NYSE:DRQ) last released its earnings results on Friday, July 28th. 554,229 shares of the stock were exchanged. Dril-Quip, Inc (Dril-Quip) designs, manufactures, sells and services engineered drilling and production equipment.
The long-haired comic also warned religious critics of same-sex marriage: 'Your attempt to keep Australia in the past will be a failure, because most of Australia ain't homophobic'.
In a statement at the end of the video, Minchin encourages Australians to vote "yes" in the plebiscite, even though he doesn't agree with the method. Polls show that Aussies are overwhelmingly in favour of marriage equality.
The controversial plebiscite proposed by the Australian government is a nationwide vote to gauge public feedback on changing marriage laws.
"I'm always traveling but wherever I stay, people love Aussies and they generally say, they think we're kind fun and amusing, tall tanned and toned. and a little bit racist, and a little bit home. -ophobic", Minchin sings. "If the horrid thing goes ahead.Let's drown the MOFOS in "YES" votes".
- North Korea Displaces S. China Sea on ASEAN Agenda
- New info on Destiny 2 in the new issue of EDGE Magazine
- Edris prive le roi Farah de son doublé !
- Jamaica & GB through to relay final
- Busiest month ever for Scots airports
- Lanús, el primero en anotarse a cuartos
- " "Le gouvernement néerlandais reconnaît " des erreurs " — Oeufs contaminés
- Special Counsel Mueller Reportedly Impanels Grand Jury In Russia Probe
- Silver Wheaton Corp (NYSE:WPM) Earning Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Accern Reports
- MLB Predictions: Will Angels & Mariners slug Friday night in Seattle? 8/11/17