Australian songwriter, comedian and musician, Tim Minchin, has used a classic tune to take down the government's postal plebiscite.
This morning, Minchin published "a heartfelt song to my homeland, recorded last night on my iPhone".
Titled "I Still Call Australia Homophobic", Minchin's song is a parody of Peter Allen's iconic "I Still Call Australia Home" and pretty perfectly summarises much of the rage and confusion people are feeling at the moment.
"Some day we'll all be together once more, when they do their bloody jobs, and just change the f.ing law". Then Carrie can marry Sally, Ben can bum Tone in the marriage bed in their Aussie home.
Netflix woos Walt Disney to keep Marvel superheroes and Star Wars
When news broke that Disney would be divorcing Netflix (BUT NOT BECAUSE OF ANYTHING YOU DID, SWEETIE!) and launching its own independent streaming service people understandably flipped out .
The long-haired comic also warned religious critics of same-sex marriage: 'Your attempt to keep Australia in the past will be a failure, because most of Australia ain't homophobic'.
In a statement at the end of the video, Minchin encourages Australians to vote "yes" in the plebiscite, even though he doesn't agree with the method. Polls show that Aussies are overwhelmingly in favour of marriage equality.
The controversial plebiscite proposed by the Australian government is a nationwide vote to gauge public feedback on changing marriage laws.
"I'm always traveling but wherever I stay, people love Aussies and they generally say, they think we're kind fun and amusing, tall tanned and toned. and a little bit racist, and a little bit home. -ophobic", Minchin sings. "If the horrid thing goes ahead.Let's drown the MOFOS in "YES" votes".
- Tennis: Federer dans la peau du seul favori à Montréal
- Jamaica & GB through to relay final
- Lanús, el primero en anotarse a cuartos
- Special Counsel Mueller Reportedly Impanels Grand Jury In Russia Probe
- ING Groep NV Takes Position in Dril-Quip, Inc. (DRQ)
- La Grande-Bretagne remporte le relais 4x100m masculin, Bolt au sol
- Di Maria, successeur annoncé de Neymar au Barça
- Blast targeting military vehicle kills 15 people in Quetta
- Roger Federer en finale du Masters 1000 de Montréal — Tennis
- MLB Predictions: Will Angels & Mariners slug Friday night in Seattle? 8/11/17