Twins Max Kepler and Eddie Rosario each finished the night with three RBI's while Brian Dozier finished with three runs scored and one RBI.
Detroit had been 0-54 this year when trailing after eight innings and had lost six of seven but rallied to stop the Twins' six-game winning streak.
Joe Mauer homered and drove in five runs as the Twins took an 11-6 lead.
Justin Upton hit a two-run homer off Matt Belisle in the ninth inning, giving Detroit a 12-11 win over the Minnesota Twins on Saturday night after the Tigers wasted a five-run lead and then overcame a five-run deficit.
He allowed a leadoff single to Mikie Mahtook and then Upton stepped up to the plate and the game was over just like that. Detroit starter Jordan Zimmermann was tagged for seven runs on eight hits through 3.1 innings pitched while Edward Mujica allowed three runs in two frames.
Jose Mourinho hints at central midfield role for Victor Lindelöf
I think it will be a draw. "I'm really happy to be with them and I'm going to fight with them all the way, so let's go on Sunday". One of which was against West Ham, United's opponents on Sunday as the new Premier League season gets underway.
Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said 3B Nick Castellanos will begin working out in right field and could play there by the end of the season.
Castellanos played nine games in left field in 2003 but has been exclusively at third since.
RHP Ervin Santana (12-7) is to start Sunday's series finale for the Twins.
The Minnesota Twins are not going away in the American League Central race as the team has turned on the jets the last few weeks.
I think Minnesota has an edge on hill and the team really has to win after Saturday's bad loss... LHP Matt Boyd (5-6) opens for the Tigers.
- Pep Guardiola forecasts end to Manchester City spending spree
- JDU removes Sharad Yadav party leader in Rajya Sabha
- Submarine owner arrested over missing journalist
- Trump Just Tweeted Out This Hilariously Inaccurate Twitter Poll
- Premier League: City vient à bout de Brighton
- Charlottesville Suspect Driver Booked on Suspicion of Murder
- Donald Trump Says Maybe His Warning To North Korea 'Wasn't Tough Enough'
- Mourinho comments on Man United's title chances
- La Corée du Nord tirerait des missiles vers Guam
- Kuwait arrests 12 in Iran spy case