No matter who Newbee face I think they should be favored and it would be unbelievable to see a team win a second global.
Team Liquid, hot off a 2-1 series against LGD Forever Young, returned once again to a Nature's Prophet for Ivan "MinD_ContRoL" Borislavov Ivanov in game 1. From there, they battled through the lower bracket with impressive wins over Team Secret, Team Empire (who upset and eliminated Evil Geniuses one game prior), Virtus Pro, before being faced against two Chinese powerhouses in LGD and LFY.
The European team beat the Chinese opponents Newbee, which took home $3.9 million for a second-place position. This secured Newbee a guaranteed top two finish for TI7, and their almost $4 million prize.
Even though TL defeated Empire, Resolut1ion had an incredible run for a team I considered to already be one of the weakest going into the event. Despite brief signs of life from Newbee, a full team wipe inside the Radiant base led to a tap-out at 27 minutes, putting Liquid up one game in the best-of-five finals.
Dow slips 100 points as tensions with N.Korea escalate
The VIX, a measure of how much volatility investors expect in stocks, jumped 34.8 percent, the biggest increase since May. Following the sell-off seen in the previous session, stocks are regaining some ground during trading on Friday.
Above: The final moments of the Grand Finals. With exciting plays and unusual strategies by Liquid to take down the Chinese dark horse, Liquid eventually took the series 2-1 before the Grand Final later that day. Ultimately, however, Newbee proved unable to course correct, and ultimately fell to Liquid in straight sets.
Both teams played out of their minds, and few can say that either side threw any of the games.
Team Liquid has won the Dota 2 worldwide 2017 tournament, taking home a record-smashing grand prize of $10.7 million. The tournament, which is nearly entirely funded by the Dota 2 community, has seen many great stories over the years, including an Evil Geniuses win that proved North American organizations had a place in a scene often dominated by European and Chinese teams. According to Valve, the TI7 Grand Final reached 4.7 million viewers across streaming platforms and within the Dota 2 client.
Team Liquid, coming in from the loser's bracket, closed out the match and were sitting on a 2-0 lead against Newbee, with one game between the team and a $US10 ($13) million finish.
- Osinbajo inaugurates a seven-member Judicial Commission on alleged military abuse
- Chris Hughton takes positives after Brighton's defeat to Manchester City
- Conte Tips Rudiger For Moses Role Vs Burnley, Shades Wenger, Praises Morata
- Ouléye Mané libre après deux mois de détention : Mystère autour d'une décision
- Uber board 'disappointed' by Benchmark's lawsuit against former CEO
- JK: Two Army soldiers killed in Shopian encounter
- Trump: Military solutions 'locked & loaded' against North Korea
- Shakespeare hoping Leicester can finally tame Arsenal
- JD(U) expels Ali Anwar for attending opposition party meet
- Oppenheimer Asset Management Inc. Takes Position in HealthEquity, Inc. (HQY)