"The odds were stacked against me in that job", Scaramucci told ABC News, adding that the president wanted him in the post but "probably 200" others did not.
On a separate livestream later, Scaramucci said he didn't know whether Bannon was a white supremacist, but said that his embrace of white nationalists was "inexcusable".
The former communications director also addressed the expletive-laden tirade in which he referred to then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus as a "f**king paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac", and hit out at Steve Bannon, stating "I'm not Steve Bannon".
In late July, the White House announced that Scaramucci resigned from his position after just 10 days in office to allow newly appointed communications director to have "a clean slate and the ability to build his own team". "I think he needed to be much harsher as it related to the white supremacists". When asked why he didn't, Scaramucci noted that Trump "likes doing the opposite of what the media thinks he's gonna do" and is "also of the impression that there is hatred on all sides, but I disagree with him".
The White House on Sunday released a statement that said "of course" Trump condemns "white supremacists, KKK, neo-nazi and all extremist groups".
Korea seems to be prepared for fresh ICBM test
North Korea carried out its first successful test-launch of an ICBM on July 4, followed by another successful launch of an ICBM on July 28.
After talking about President Trump's response to Charlottesville, Anthony Scaramucci spoke out on ABC's This Week this morning about his short yet memorable tenure at the Trump White House.
"It's his decision, but at the end of the day, the President has a very good idea of who the leakers are inside the White House", said Scaramucci.
Scaramucci reiterated that he felt the interview with Lizza was "off the record" and it was a "very deceitful thing" that Lizza did. It's not serving the president's interests. He's got to move more into the mainstream, he's got to be more into where the moderates are and the independents are, George, that love the president.
- Un homme de 93 ans fugue pour retrouver sa petite amie
- I want to return but
- Darjeeling unrest: Rajnath Singh invites GJM for talks today
- Lorenzo Insigne is the top target to replace Coutinho
- Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely
- Burnley 3-2 Chelsea: Reigning Premier League champs shocked in opening game
- Military Action Against North Korea Should Not Be an Option - US Congresswoman
- Ultrapar Participacoes SA (UGP) Declares $0.27 Dividend
- Alexis Sanchez Out of Arsenal's EPL Opener Due to Abdominal Strain
- Anthony Scaramucci: Trump Should Have Been 'Much Harsher' On White Supremacists